cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 LiveOffice - could not find part of the path

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I face a strange problem. When I try to open a file from the repository I get the message: "could not find part of the path" and a cryptic path pointing to a network drive.

We found out somewhen that liveoffice seems to donwload the files either to a local drive or to a mapped network drive to open the file. Does anybody know where I can change this path?

Thank you in advance
Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

usually you face this Kind of issue when there is missing permission.

Do you get the same error message when you try to run a WebI or CR Report? Try to open one of the shipped Reports or create one on the efashion universe.

Regards

-Seb.

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

In our case I don't think it is because of missing permission. The user is able to run WebI reports (One of them is in the same folder as the LiveOffice document). Furthermore there are people with less permission who are able to run the report.

Regards

Lars

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please post a screenshot of the error message. i want to see the path which makes the Problem.

Regards

-Seb.

0 Kudos

Of course!

Here is the error:

G: is a networkdrive which everyone in our company has. But it is not possible to write in the root directoy. So it is impossible that SAP can create a folder there. My question rather is where I could chnage this path to H: which would be the user home drive.

Regards and thank you

Lars

0 Kudos

Hi,

i could think that Live Office is trying to save the document where Excel saved its last Document. I`m not Aware that you can Change the Default saving Location inside LO.

Try also to set the Default saving Location of Excel to something else and retry.

Regards

-Seb.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this might be related to how user profile is set on the OS.

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

Thank you very much!! Your assumption was correct. In our environment the default save location in Excel is set to G:\ as this is our group network drive. But users cannot create folders in the root directory. We changed the default save location for LiveOffice users to their home drive.

Thank you again and kind regards!

Lars

Answers (0)