cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPI: Error in account determination (Exercise 159)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there. i need your help. Do you know how to fix error in account determination in exercise 159? It's written "doc 90000254 saved(error in account determination)". I didn't input domestic revenue before, then i fixed that. But it was still error. Does anyone can help me, please? Thanks before

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

This is a common error when account assignment category was left blank in the customer master.  It then got copied into the SD documents created for the customer (inquiry -> quotation -> sales order), eventually leading to a blank account assignment category in the billing document.

If you now go back to the customer master and enter it, it will only ensure SD documents subsequently created will be OK.  Existing SD documents, created before you fix the customer master, have already been created with a blank account assignment category.  You will need to change the billing document (using transaction VF02), go to its header (menu option Goto -> Header -> Header) and switch the account assignment category field  to "01 Domestic Revenue".  After saving the changes, click on the green flag icon to release it to accounting.  That will generate the accounting document.