cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a holiday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Need your help!! I need to create a new holiday for December 26th, 2014 as all the internal employees working with out client will be given this paid holiday in addition to dec 25th to make it a long weekend. I created a new public holiday December 26th with holiday class 1 using tcode SCAL but when i tried to include this holiday in the holiday calender and click on save, the following errors pops up.

Can anyone help me on this please? Do i need to create the holiday with holiday class blank? What does holiday class blank really signify? Does " holiday class blank- not a public holiday" really signify that it's a working day?   Please clarify.

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You have done correctly and assigned the holiday in holiday calender.

This message is showing that in factory calender this holiday will be added accordingly since i think Holiday Calender and Factory calender has been linked together. Please check this and hence it's not an issue you can save this.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply! If that's the case as you said, i t will update the holiday in the holiday calender as well and this might be a problem. Just thinking on this.

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the reply! If that's the case as you said, i t will update the holiday in the factory calender as well and this might be a problem. Just thinking on this.

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

It would not be any problem.

Go with the below screnshot details and my explanation on this. Which will give you a clear idea.

Suppose your Holiday Calender ID is HL and factory calender ID is UK. Now your factory calender will be working as per holiday calender. So in the above screenshot you will give HL in the Holiday Calender ID field.

Now in your this linkage it's done. So when you are going to add any holiday in the Holiday Calender ID it's giving an message that factory calender it's also regenerated.

I think in your client's Factory Calender and Holiday Calender are same and sychronise. So talk with client and then save it.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankarsan...thanks for your great explanation. really helping me now..i will update you once i speak with the client.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Yes you can go ahead with adding holiday in the factory calender. But if linkage is done then it will update in the factory calender too.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Sankarsan, the Holiday Calendar you want to modify is probably used as a reference in a Factory Calendar.

After talking with your client, if December 26 should be added to the Holiday calendar but not to the Factory Calendar, you may need to create a copy of your Holiday Calendar (without Dec. 26) to be used as the new reference for the Factory Calendar.

If December 26 is only added this year and only to "the internal employees working with out client", then perhaps you could tell your client to consider using Fast Data Entry (pa71) to create a Paid Absence for those employees on that date.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

You have completed my reply and added extra input to Mr. Satish.

Great.

Thanks,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Thanks for your great inputs adding to sankarsan's explanation. Thanks a lot to you both. I will update once this process is completed. 🙂

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If your query is answered then close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To keep your environments in synchronisation, I believe that it would be preferable if you were to create a Workbench transport to bring from DEV to QAT and then PRD all the changes that were done to Public Holidays, Holiday Calendars and Factory Calendars.

As for re-generating the Work Schedules, I always re-generate them from the month where a change was made up to at least 2 years in the future, for the modified Holiday Calendar but without specifying any groupings

just to make sure that I don't forget an ESG, PSG or WSR.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me how to close this thread?

Regards,

Satish Chikkala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You could also do one thing, when your holiday would be assigned to your  public holiday calendar as well as factory holiday calendar. Then you could go to factory holiday calendar and manually delete or re-assign from there. That way factory calendar would not be altered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs. I have added the new holiday Dec 26th, 2014 to the holiday calendar and then generated the work schedules for december month for the respective ESG grouping and PSA grouping and then stored these workschedules in a Transport request and tested in the test system. We moved these changes to production today. So, we moved only the generated work schedules and not the calendar and this worked.

Thanks for your immediate responses and valuable guidance...

Regards,

Satish Chikkala