cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have Work orders and Service orders together in SAP WM6.1 application?

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.1 with Customer Service

Is it possible to have both Work Orders and Service Orders in the same application.

Work Manager 6.1 Base Version Installed the following ABAP AddOns in ERP System:

SMFND 610_700 with Support Package 03

SMERP 610_700 with Support Package 03

Output : Only Work orders are seen in the mobile device

Base SAP Work Manager 6.1 with ERP Customer Service  Component 2.0 (Customer Service  Component 2.0)

SMFND 610_700 with Support Package 03

SMERP 610_700 with Support Package 03

Output : Only Service orders are seen in the mobile device

Regards,

Ragavie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

syam_yalamati
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The latest release for SAP Work Manager 6.2 with Customer Service component supports both PM & CS Orders as well as Notifications. This is the new feature introduced as part of WM 6.2 release, also Customer Service component supports all features from Work Manager in addition to CS specific features. The OSS Note 2093621 reflecting the wrong content from the previous release, we will update the note soon. It is not recommend to run multiple instances for both Work Manager
& Customer Service applications in parallel as you may get into some performance issues with xChange process.

Regards

Syam

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valid information Syam.

I installed SAP WM 6.2 with CS

When i run the WPF client i get the following error

Invalid Wo.AssignmentType from the ini file or SAP Mobile Configuration. Please check the ini file or the mobile configuration for assignmenttype () in section APPLICATION_CONFIG.

Regards,

Ragavie

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check the Config Panel and see if for some reason the Global Scope was set
to User instead of the Application which will result in the parameter not getting loaded when
you start the SMP Server and resulted in Assignment not found error.

If it is set to User, change it to Application and restart your SMP server (or WM instance)

--Bill

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

WO.AssignmentType was set to "User",  had changed to "Application"

Restarted SMP server and WM instance.

I get the same error

Invalid Wo.AssignmentType from the ini file or SAP mobile configuration. Please check the ini file or the mobile configuration for assignment type () in section APPLICATION_CONFIG

Regards,

Ragavie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syam,

Is it possible to say when the note 2093621 will be updated?  We are in the process of implementing WM at the moment.

Regards,

Lukas

syam_yalamati
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Currently this note is In Process status with all the necessary changes, latest version (2) of this note will released soon by the product owner. I will let you know once the note is released for customer.

Regards

Syam

syam_yalamati
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

SAP note 2093621 was released for customer, please follow the instructions/recommendations in that note for your implementation.

Regards

Syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragavie,

Did you manage to solve this problem. I get the same, even after changing the Global scope set to “Application”...

Lukas

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

Still i face the same problen.The issue is not resolved,

Regards,

Ragavie

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

I had implemented the as per SAP Note 2093621. Still i get same error.

We have implemented following SAP Notes to Customer Service 2.1 in the config panel

2040311, 2097454

Am i missing any mandatory notes for post config panel changes?

Regards,

Ragavie

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

Are you able to resolve the issue, still i get same error

Regards,

Ragavie

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

In Syclo config panel – Mobile data object configuration

CS21_SERVICEORDER_GENERIC - Data Filter - GET - Data Distribution -

WO_ASSIGNMENT_TYPE -

in Filter selected "range" instead of "User Param"

Now NO errors, But in the client application none of the

orders/notification/timesheet are displayed . They are empty

Also try debugging with an external breakpoint in ABAP class

"/SMERP/CL_CS_SERVICEORDER_DO" is not hitting during initial sync/Delta sync .

Regards,

Ragavie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragavie, I have exactly the same issue as you. I can connect & Synchronize, but cannot see anyorders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syam,  Note 2093621 refers to 1936034 as software pre-requisite. However note 1936034 still says that "Customer can only choose one scenario for the deployment" ie. base version or customer service.

Is there any documentation that explains how to configure WM to work for both PM & CS simultaneously so that we dont run into performance issues with xChange process as you mentioned?

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Thanks Syam and Bill for your inputs.

@ Lukas: Below steps might help you

I am able to view both Service orders and Work orders in Base SAP Work Manager 6.2 with ERP Customer Service  Component 2.1

Steps followed:

1.       Changed WO.AssignmentType – Client Scope from “User” to “Application”

2.       SDO->SCS21_Serviceorder_genric->wo.assignmenttype

Change in Filters WO_ASSIGNMENT_TYPE : Rule type changed from “userparam” to “range”

3.       SAP Data Object Handler : /SMERP/CL_CS_SERVICEORDER_DO

External breakpoint was not reaching to this handler class

Solution

I had created customized application in the Syclo Config Panel for Base WM 6.1, 6.2 and CSC2.0,CSC2.1

Deleted all the customized application in the Syclo Config Panel.

With Standard CSC2.1 – WPF Client was able to hit external break point to /SMERP/CL_CS_SERVICEORDER_DO handler and able to view both Work orders and Service Orders.

Regards,

Ragavie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ragavie, I was hoping not to have to create a custom application, but maybe I will have to...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same question, but from OSS Note 2093621 it appears to me that this is not possible.

"If you choose to install Work Manager with Customer Service, you will be able to view Service Orders and Service Notifications only, and no Work Orders and Work Notifications will be displayed."

I know the above note applies to 6.2, but I am assuming it would apply to 6.1 as well. I would really like to know if there was a way around this...

Lukas

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There isn't a way around it with the base product.  It would require additional configuration of the product and/or BAPIs to make it work that way.  The design is targeted at one or the other type of user.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

From what I understand, it is not possible to have them in the same application.

However we can have two agentry applications running on one SMP, linking back to two configuration sets in ECC.

So we will have one PM application and one CS application referencing the same ECC back-end instance?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you can have multiple Agentry applications pointing to the same ECC back-end on the same SMP server (if on SP04 or above).

--Bill

Ragavie
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansen