cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your funniest response from SAP Support?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After reading Jelena Perfiljeva's thread "My turn to rant about SAP Support's reading [dis]abilities" I was reminded of endless discussions with SAP (first level) support where they have given me useless notes, asked senseless questions or did similar nonsense while I was waiting to be handed over to the real experts. Therefore I would like to take the opportunity to start a small discussion or survey about the topic:

What was the funniest or most useless response you ever got from SAP Support?

Thomas Wagner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Hi Deer, please open the system and revert". <-- Repeat * 10

TBH, I am not yet at the point where I can laugh at this, the impression at the moment still is another one. Do you know the movie Event Horizon with Sam Neil? I faintly remember at some point I think he rips out his own eyes and says "Save yourselves from hell". This I can relate to the SAP Support rather than "Fun".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukas,

This is really one of the favorite answers from SAP. I try to avoid it by opening the system in advance for as long as possible (according to my knowledge but that may be old that means 9 days 23 hrs) and also testing the login data (if you know the password for the OSS-user) and being as specific in the description of the problem as possible ("idiot-proof") otherwise you are invited to a long match of ping-pong.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reported that the gateway monitor was dangerous because Go to -> Expert Mode -> Logging -> Activate Gateway log could easily be mistaken for Go to -> Expert Mode -> Trace level up.

The later is the system wide developer trace and when selecting it, it does not say which level it is on. Click on it more than twice then you cannot click on it a 3rd time anymore because the system is paralyzed.

Seemed reasonable for me to make it clearer which trace, level and a warning threshold was behind this very similarly located and looking option.

The response from SAP was that if I am not sufficiently trained to use a transaction then I should not be authorized to have access to it. They will not change the behaviour.

Fair enough (most of the system works that way), but I do still laugh about it from time to time that someone actually said that to me...  😉

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is sad. They should encourage helpful initiative.

Thomas

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's because you didn't read the documentation carefully...oh wait...

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than the usual check OSS note X,Y,Z , please follow steps in OSS note A,B,C and please provide the "Trace" files, the best was when I was at the client location (onsite), one message from SAP read "If you are not sure, please contact your onsite coordinator who can help you".  I laughed the hell out, what if I was the CEO of the company, did he/she know ?

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a very ennoying one which I received after a week and a half:

"could you please explain what you did to get to that error (provide a step by step)"

when I included the most detailed step by step I have ever created during the creation of the message

(see another post about "rants"... it seems I'm not alone)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sad and funny. Sometimes it seems they don't read the text of the message.

Thomas

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Thomas,

I can't recollect one in detail, but they are usually along the lines of:

Dear SAP,

Something doesn't work which should work.

I have already tried A, B, C and D. But alas to no avail.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

And then you get a response in a couple of days which looks something like:

Dear Rob,

You are correct that it should work.

Have your tried B to fix the problem.

Kind regards,

I believe that the above example will be recognized by most of us.

Cheers, Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

I definitely had a couple of messages like that.

Best regards,

Thomas