cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precompiled Reports - Win7 - Invalid TLV Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where an old legacy application is calling pre-compiled Crystal Reports.

On some Windows 7 machines (64bit) everything works fine.

On others I receive the dreaded:

Error: -2147206429 Invalid TLV recrd

Occurred in OpenReport

Returned from ProcessStart Report

The application is the same on both systems.

The application is calling the same report on both systems.

On one of the non-working stations I've had Crystal Reports 11 installed, and was able to execute the reports from Crystal Reports without issue, but never could get them to work when called from the application (Oracle Acorde Records Manager 4.0).

The only difference between the non-working and working PC's I've been able to track down so far is that the "newer" non-functional Win7 build is missing:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

and

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable 9.0.30729

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

First, CR 7 and any other version of CR designer should NEVER be put on the same PC, we did not support side by side installs until CR 9, so remove CR 11.

Yes that will be why it's failing, CR has a dependency on that runtime redist package.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Thanks for the response, quick clarification:

Which of the two runtimes are a dependency?

0 Kudos

This one for CR - Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had the 2005 redistributable added, but am still having the same issue.

I'm guessing there might be another dependancy that's installed on the one system that the other system doesn't have.

The software, Oracle Acorde Records Manager 4.0, installs the Crystal Reports 9 runtime.

Are there any other dependancies I need to make sure are present under Win7?

0 Kudos

CR 9 was never test nor is it supported on Windows 7.

Check with Oracle to see if they have an updated version.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

For supported OS by version of CR, please see the wiki Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I should mention I'm in the process of having the Missing Visual C++ components installed on one of the non-working stations.

Due to the nature of the CYA processes in place where I work, that may take some time so I decided to post here and see if I could get more thoughts/input in the mean time in case adding those missing components did NOT work.

Again, thanks!