cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting Student Loans on SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have recalled an employyes pay and owe them sum money however we need to reduce their Student Loan deduction for this period. Can you advise how we do this please.

Thank you

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

I understand your problem in half and it seems confusing again for me (sorry to say) can you proceeds your scenarios step by step with possible screen shots so that i can help you out better.

Regards;

Bashir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir

We have an employee who in Period 6 was paid and the BT table stamped and postings sent to Finance

We then recalled the employees pay as she was not entitled to all of it as she was leaving and recalculated her pay as to what she should have received

We have run her through payroll PC00_M08_CALC using our Scheme VG00 (G000) and run the Bacs PC00_M08_CDTA and set flag for transfers and then run postings PC00_M99_CIP

We were then told she has left and recalled the employees pay and then recalculated what she should have received. We have corrected the Tax and NI through IT874 and run her through payroll PC00_M08_CALC  for the next period and she is a late leaver she has errord through the VG00 scheme and run through the VRET (zret) but I am trying to correct the student loan figure and this is not changing.

Original student loan deducted £78.00 and on the recalculation the amount should be nil. The gross pay has been adjusted so the Gross and taxable pay year to date are correct but the student loan does not change.

How can I change this please

Kind regards

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda

How did you resolve this? I have a similar scenario that I need to fix.

Thanks

Nicola

former_member449389
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nicola

Sorry I have just seen your question.

I put it through as a year end adjustment in the end on the EYU.

I couldn't find any other way of doing it

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda

Thank you

Nicola

Bashir_Hussain
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda Jenks,

Which i understand from your query that you already reverse your entry from Finance side but system still calculating this installment in HR side, if this is the case then kindly amend your entries in IT70 with recalculate installment payments schedule and save it. if this is not the case then please explain me your scenario. thanks

Regards;

Bashir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir

I think I maybe confusing you.

In SAPHR we have run payroll and stamped the BT table posted to finance the payroll results.

We then bacs recalled the moment from the employees bank account so no money went into the employees account

We then had to recalculate the employees pay for that period and have corrected the employees year to date tax and Ni using IT874 however I cannot adjust the year to date figure for the employees student laon deduction

She say had £50.00 deducted from her pay and it should have been £30.00. Can you advise how I can adjust this please

Hope this make sense

Kind regards

Amanda

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

Can you elaborate more with example.

Student loan is giving as a purpose of education loan.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan

An employee has been set up with a student loan on IT70 and then we have recalled the employees pay as they will be receiving too much into their bank.

In correcting the employees pay they are then under the threshold to pay student loan however SAP is still recording that they have paid the student loan in his cumlative results table

We need to write back these figures so that now show as nil

How do we do this

Kind regards

Amanda