cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Crystal Report Viewer is unable to create its resource objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having issues with Windows 7 64-bit clients running Internet Explorer 11 32-bit loading the Active X component. The automated method is not installing at all. I had to manually install the components by extracting them from he CAB file off the web site, then registering the DLLs. The Active X component shows up in the Add-Ons for the web browser but I still get the error "The Crystal Report Viewer is unable to create its resource objects".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what Active X control says, it is version 11.5.12.1838

I've added some screenshots to confirm my setup....

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That version is not going to work with IE 11.  This is version 11.5 which went out of support @two years ago, so there will be no further updates to it.

Is this for a program that your company has written, or is it with third-party software that you've purchased?

If it's third-party software, you'll need to contact the software provider to determine whether they have a newer version that will work on IE 11.  If it was produced in-house, the application will have to be updated to use the latest version of the SDK.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version is supported by Windows 7 64-bit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got an update (although older version) that worked from our developer.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no longer an ActiveX viewer (I may be wrong).  The latest version of the .NET SDK is SAP Crystal for Visual Studio SP12.  You can download it here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.  The "Install Executable" will integrate into Visual Studio and the other downloads are for various types of runtime installs.  You will need Visual Studio 2010 or newer to work with this SDK.

If it's a java application, there's SAP Crystal for Eclipse.  You can find out more info about it here:  http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-eclipse

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of the Crystal runtime are you using?  IE 11 was not supported until the more recent patches that came out late last summer.  There are some security changes in IE 11 that might be causing your issues as well.

-Dell