cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Single SignOn to BI 4.1 (Infoview & Opendocs)

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm trying to find the correct way to setup single sign-on in NWBC.   We don't have SAP Single Sign-On installed

Here is what I want to have  happen:

1) User logs into NWBC using SAP credentials

2) User clicks an opendocument URL that links to a crystal report published on my BI 4.1 server

3) The report should open in the NWBC tab without asking the user to log into BI

Here is what I have setup so far:

1) I've created the links in PFCG to the opendocuments

2) I've setup my authentication in CMC to use SAP authentication

Now i'm not sure what to setup next.  I'm still getting asked to log into CMC directly.

I posted this a few years ago - but didn't really understand the responses.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Please review the following note:
----------
Note <1378659 - NWBC known issues & what to check when opening a ticket>

Section:SSO or Login related errors:
----------
I hope it will be helpful for you.

Best regards,
Cheng

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried the following this weekend:

1) created new .p12 key and certificate on my BI server

2) imported certificate onto my DEV server

3) setup .p12 file in CMC

4) made sure that the AdaptiveProcessingServer has a SecureTokenService setup

but still it makes me log in in NWBC.... so frustrating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

I have recently done what you are trying to achieve, except our BASIS team managed the server side stuff so I probably can't help that much with those steps.

If I were you I would try a few things:

1. Make sure that the MYSAPSSO2 cookie is being passed in the HTTP request. You can do this by either opening the NWBC for HTML and using the developer tools (Chrome, Firefox or IE) or using a proxy like Fiddler2 to see the traffic.

2. Once you are sure that the logon ticket (MYSAPSSO2) is being sent, then check the server logs to see if you can see any problems on the server side. There must be a way to set the trace level to high on the server so that you can see the request coming in and the ticket being processed.

Sorry I can't help more - I will ask our BASIS team and see if they can share any insights.

Thanks,

Simon

shane_kelly2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks SImon...

i thinks its an issue with my BI 4.1 config files... specifically opendocument.properties

i've made single sign-on to infoview work...but if i try to open an opendocument url - it still asks for login.