cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Program and Project Methodology, Implementation Tools and Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Advance Delivery Management (ADM) include SAP Implementation Program Management methodology / content?

By SAP Implementation Program Management methodology I mean:

• Methodology to setup SAP Implementation Program for an organization

• Methodology to develop SAP Implementation Strategy for an organization:

How to approach and plan an implementation for single-site or multi-site local business or Global (MNC) business.

Implementation program then includes implementation projects for which Assemble To Order, Design based, Agile or RDS implementation

methodology can be used.

In my humble professional opinion:

• SAP Project implementation methodology/process should have 3 variants:

• Process layer implementation project methodology to implement Business Suite applications

• Data layer implementation project methodology to implement EIM and BW applications

• Analytics layer implementation project methodology to implement GRC, EPM, BO-BI applications

• To ease the pains of delivering / implementing SAP software implementation Tools and Content (RDS, Accelarators) need complete overhaul especially Best Practices and Delivery tools for Design, Migration, Training, Testing and Support.

Best Practices: Current content needs a complete review/overhaul to make it more effective and relevant for user community and implementer alike, else use of RDS would be the same as changing the packing but keeping the same old inner content.

Looking forward to ASAP/ADM community feedback.

regards,

Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

WaldemarFal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

Both ADM and ASAP have components allowing to drive programs  but they are focused mainly on activities which have to be done to implement and/deliver SAP systems. IMHO it is already complex and has too many variance what is the reason for troubles by use in practice. I would vote not to make ASAP more complex. Pls note that program means not only many projects - means also the benefis for business and many other things - is in fact much wider in time than the projects.

Please note that the projects or programs with SAP implementations are in fact business transformations and have to be managed on many layers like organisational or personal. Instead of trying to get all what can happen into ASAP or ADM I would suggest to use of very well known project generic methods like MSP, PRINCE2 or PgMP. They perfectly suit as the layer for the leading and controling projects and programs with ASAP as the prescription what to do with SAP systems. I wrote something about it like: