Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SMT Mapping adding field in Bank Details - MDG Supplier

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this field BVTYP (Bank Partner Type) in table LFBK. I need to add this field to Change Request screen - when I click on Create Bank Details

I added this field to the Attributes of entity BP_BKDTL in the data model BP. Executed Generate Data-Model Specific Structures, so the field BVTYP was added automatically to MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL in the customer include correctly.

When I am trying to Extend the mappings in MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA and BP_BP_BKDTL_2API, It is not allowing me to extend the mapping in structure BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL saying that field does not exist in the same.

I tried to add this field BVTYP to this structure using append structure but this BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL is not enhanceable.

Until I have my field BVTYP in structure BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL in DATA and DATAX, I cannot do the SMT mapping.

Can someone please help me as to how can I add my field BVTYP to this structure inorder to get the field on the screen. Or is there some other way to add this field to the screen?

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did you call the new field? After you "generated" the structures, can you find the new field in transaction SE11 when you directly display the structures?

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have called the new field 'BVTYP' same name as in LFBK. Yes after I generated the structures I see the field in structure MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL in the customer include correctly, but I do not see it in structure BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL. As a result I am getting an issue in the SMT Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a custom field, it should start with ZZ.

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

But my doubt is in LFBK we already have this field BVTYP, so do you mean I have to do the below

1. Append ZZBVTYP to LFBK first

2. Add attribute ZZBVTYP to entity in BP_BKDTL in the data model

3. Activate the data model and check the temporary table if field is added to /1MD/MD______00D

4. Generate data-specific model structures

5. SMT mapping

Earlier i had added BVTYP and deleted it from data model. but in the temporary table /1MD/MD______00D i can still see this entry.

any suggestions what is wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the field in LFBK is BVTYP. In the MDG data model, it should be ZZBVTYP. You should not append any field to the standard table if the field already exists. Please use this document as your guide: . This applies to both customer and supplier.

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have added field ZZBVTYP to BP_BKDTL and trying to do the mappings, I cannot see the field ZZBVTYP in BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL. I have referred to the same document that you mentioning for the steps to extend MDG-S with a new field.

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Attached is the steps I am doing

- We have field BVTYP (Partner Bank Type) in table LFBK

- We need to add the same to the screen below when we click on Create Bank Account. When data is entered into this field, it needs to be saved into the standard field BVTYP

- In MDGIMG, General Settings -> Edit Data Model

We have added attribute ZZBVTYP to data model BP for entity BP_BKDTL

- Activated the data model BP

- Next we have executed Generate data-model specific structures

- Adjust staging

- Next we have executed Extend Mappings

When executing for MDG_BS_BP_MAP_2STA

We chose Mapping Step MDG_BS_BP_BP_BKDTL. Then click on Details

Next click on tab for Transformations and add an entry

Here in BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL, we do not see field BVTYP and hence cannot do the mapping.

Same issue we face when we do the SMT mapping for BP_BP_BKDTL_2API.

Structure BUS_EI_BUPA_BANKDETAIL is non-enhanceable and hence we cannot add field BVTYP to the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa

For BP data model we need to perform SMT in below two steps

1. Mapping Data to API (*2API)
  2. Mapping Data to Staging (*2STA)

In your case please go to mapping step BP_BP_BKDTL_2API and do SMT for your field in BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL (First append your field in this structure and execute regerate structure again)

former_member609120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I am trying the SMT mapping in the structures you mentioned but the issue is field is not automatically added to BUS_EI_STRUC_BANKDETAIL when i click on Generate data-model specific structures. Also this structure is non-enhanceable and hence I cannot append my field there. Also I need to map my custom field ZZBVTYP to std field BVTYP which is not there in this structure.

When user enters value into this field, on activation of CR it should be saved in standard field BVTYP of LFBK table

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you generate the structure, the field will be created in "Custom Include" structure CI_MDG_S_PBP_BP_BKDTL. Can you find this structure in your system? Can you also please post a screenshot of your "generate structure" content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa!!

How do you resolve the issue with the field BVTYP?

I already have the value in the BUT0BK (BP:Bank Details) but i cannot put the value in LFBK table.

Best Regards!

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

I am not sure if you were able to resolve this issue. The following is my explanation.

- The field BKVID from table BUT0BK is copied by CVI into the field BVTYP of LFBK.

-   The field BKVID is editable in MDG UI when you add new Bank data. The field is caled "Bank Key"

-    The value in this field is defaulted to 0001 for the first bank added (and the next sequence number 0002 when you add new bank) by MDG if no value is provided. The user can change the value to a different value if needed

Hence, you do not need to enhance anything to get this functionality working.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran:

After some debug hours, i've got this conclusion. Thank you so much for your answer.

Best Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am also looking for some answers related to field Partner bank Type (BVTYP of LFBK).

I completely understand and agree to your explanation. But it does not answers the question - How to Update 'Partner Bank Type' ?

As we know that this field on UI (Bank Details ID) is non editable for an existing Bank detail.

Lets say I created a vendor with a Bank Detail. Later on, I require to change the existing bank detail in which I need to change partner bank type from 'abc' to 'xyz'. How can I do this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos