0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for approval process for changes in fixed assets processes like

- Capitalisation of fixed assets

- Transfer of fixed assets

-  Scrap of assets

- Sale of fixed assets

- Disposal of fixed assets

- Stock adjustment (inventory material - accessiories)

Please let me know if you have any standard process or workaround to mange such approval requirement.

Thanks in advance

Govind Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind

As such we don't have specific approval process for the Fixed Asset postings. As I understand that the capitalisation of Fixed Asset will  be via Fixed Asset Procurement Process and the Sale of Fixed Asset will be through the customer invoice.

You can set up the approval process for your purchasing documents for the capitalisation and the approval process for the customer invoice for the sale of Fixed Asset.

For the manual postings triggered from the fixed Asset workcenter, we don't have approval process. However, you can set up authorization in such a way that some users can only view the master data of the asset and cannot perform the manual postings on the assets or vice-versa.

I could not understand how Stock adjustment is related to Fixed Asset here. The Fixed Asset are the Non-Stock materials and hence the stock adjustment will not impact fixed asset.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Govind_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Stock adjustment here means the accessories related to fixed assets.

Business scenario :

One big machinary have 4 blade which are required to use machinary in manufaturing unit within 1 year. This 4 blads are part of fixed assets and came into company at the time of procurement only.

Question 1:

How to show that 4 balde in fixed asset record of machinary ?
- Sub asset
- Additional individual material ID

Question 2:

When the first blade get scraped in quater 1, then how to remove the value of blade for sale?
There should be sperate value to be assigned to it based on supplier invoice postigs.

Thanks in advace

Govind Sharma

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Govind

If you are procuring these blades at the time of procurement, then you can create the Additional Individual Materials for blades linked to the Machinery Individual material ID. I would suggest creating one individual material per blade so that you can scrap or sell the Individual material for the Individual Blade after every quarter.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Answers (0)