Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO BPM checkpoints

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

just wondering if in SAP PO BPM you can do a checkpoint.   What I have is a SQL step that extracts data from System A and then Checks and Submits this data in System B.   If the SubmitData step fails for some reason and the BPM stops, when I restart the BPM I want it to always start from the CheckStatus step !. 

The reason is that the CheckStatus step checks on the status of a record and is used in the SubmitData step to determine what action to take.  If the SubmitData fails for some reason and there is then change in the target system before I can restart the message then the SubmitData will have the wrong status.  Yes I could put the CheckStatus inside a UDF with the SubmitData mapping but this is a bit messy and I really want to control this in the BPM. But I cannot see a way in the BPM to block the two together so that when I restart a failed submit it will first go and do the CheckStatus.

I am using SAP PI7.31 BPM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible. You will have to handle this in your BPM process design.

One automated activity will be where you are calling your first step (CheckStatus).

After this activity is executed (assuming this executes without any errors), the process execution will go to a second automated activity where you will call your second step (SubmitData).

Now, this automated activity (SubmitData) will have a boundary event (which will execute only in case of a failure to execute the step). The flow connector coming out of the boundary event will go to an Intermediate Message Event (where the process execution will wait for the correction of the SubmitData execution).

Once the SubmitData step is corrected, you can trigger the web-service for the Intermediate message, which will direct the process execution flow back to the first step (CheckStatus) and the routine flow will follow.

The process flow should look something like this:

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes I believe that should work.  Thanks Siddhant!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't have full picture of your scenario, really hard to follow your description....

but i think bpm can not do that,