cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unique Constraint Error while Importing in SAP MDM

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SAP MDM 7.1 SP06 version. I have created a Main table say "Mail" and a field titled "Description". The Properties of this field has been set as following:

1. Type- Text

2. Required- Yes

3. Writable Once- No

4. Matrix- Normal

5. Multilingual- No

6. Keyword- None

7. Display Field- Yes

8. Unique Field- Yes

9. Sort Index- Normal

10. Width- 30

11. Sort Type- Case sensitive

When I Import records: A/B, A/b, a/B, a/b using Import Manger, it treats as creation of 4 records during Matching records but after Import it imports only 1st record and gives error "Unique key constraint violation" for rest of the 3 records.

I investigated around the error on SCN and found a SCN Note  1592695 - Non-English Unique fields are not case sensitive . According to it, SAP has fixed this issue using MDM 7.1 SP06 Patch21 (Build 7.1.06.237). I checked the build version of SAP MDM Data Manager and it is 7.1.06.237. So, it seems my Data manager is already patched. But, still I am receiving the error. If I set the Unique Field as No, then I am successfully able to Import all the records.

I want to retain the Unique field constraint on this field.

Has anybody faced the same issue earlier. Am I missing any configuration due to which I am receiving this error? Or, If the configurations are fine, what is the fix to this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

Is the Default Case Sensitivity set to Case Sensitive in configuration set up in Import Manager?

Try changing the option and proceed with your import and check if it is working.

Rgds,

Thamizh

0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

In Import Manager, the Default Case Sensitivity has already been set to Case Sensitive.

Warm Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

You can create field as Text Normalised and then with Configurations options set as Case Sensitive and Normalized record matching field as "Normalize Match Agaisnt Normalized Value" try importing records.

As well incase yours is manual load you can select option in Matchin Destination Records grid in Record Matching tab to identify which record shld be updated, created or skipped.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

Dilmit