Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on EHP7 upgrade from SAP HR 604 to 608

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello members,

I have recently completed EHP7 SPS06 (latest support stack) upgrade. While calculating stack I have selected HR Renewal 2.0. But after SUM upgrade is completed, I see that HR component is upgraded from 600 to 604 and EA HR from 600 to 607. It did not upgrade to SAP HR 608 and EA HR 608.

When I check SAP Note 1737650, it is mentioned that "The HR Components available with Enhancement Package 7 SP Stack 06 are: SAP HR 6.04 SP 78 and EA-HR 607 SP29."

I would like to know the process of upgrading SAP HR 604 to 608. I need to configure HR Renewal 2.0 on our system.

Does anyone has any idea on this.

Please suggest and help.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

While creating the stack file have you tried with the option HCM? If that didn't help then select the option "Add HR Packages" in the "Select Stack-Dependent Files" section and see if that brings up the desired queue.

Reagan

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Since I have already installed EHP7 SPS06. It has already installed sp's of HR 604 to 78 and EA HR to 29.

But it does not show any HR 608 sps. Below is the screen shot of Add HR Packages.

Please suggest and help.

Thanks for your time on this.

Srikanth

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

It is not like that in this case, because HR Renewal 2.0 is the add-on product version that needs to be installed. The button you recommend is just for higher SP levels of the HR version already in place.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Miguel.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

You're welcome

Perhaps someone in the Maintenance Optimizer support organization should have made a big announcement out of the MOPZ 3.0 release. As far as I know, it seems to have been quiet.

If you don't implement 1940845 , you get a number of issues, but the most obvious is that add-ons don't get written in the XML or downloaded. So, it is a source for a lot of confusion.

This issue in the thread sounds very much like an issue I was troubleshooting last week.

It did take me a week or two of troubleshooting an HR RENEWAL 2.0 install to find out, and I wrote KBA 2094496 because of that experience... I hope it helps someone out here.

I am not 100% sure it is the solution to the issue at hand here in the thread, but it does not hurt to check that the note is applied in the Solution Manager before the XML is generated.

Best regards,

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel Angel Arino Clarke wrote:

Perhaps someone in the Maintenance Optimizer support organization should have made a big announcement out of the MOPZ 3.0 release. As far as I know, it seems to have been quiet.

There was a small announcement about it, a brief blog with little technical details. I know because I liked it but for some reason I can't locate it anymore. Maybe it was deleted...

I just read that you have moved away from the MOPZ team to some other team at SAP. I would like to Thank you for helping with MOPZ matters in the past here on SCN, your help has been greatly appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I assisted in a similar issue last week. Check SAP KBA 2094496.

You cannot add HR 608 files through the 'add HR packages and CLCs' button, you have to select HR Renewal in the add-on selection step in Maintenance Optimizer.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

You are amazing. After following KBA 2094496 and implementing SAP Note 1940845, I was able to calculate and generate stack for HR Renewal 2.0.

I also wonder why sometimes required information is not easily available. But all thanks to you all people who take out time to address the issues.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

We tried with 1940845 but it cannot be implemented in my solman system so please advise other notes to get proper patches for HR renewal 2.0 as we are still getting upto 607 but we need to 608.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

Could you refer the link

HR Renewal 2.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

BR

SS

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Thanks for the link. I have already referred it.

I am still stuck at point upgrading HR 604 to 608. How should I calculate stack for delta upgrade?

I have already installed latest support pack stack of EHP7.

Let me know if you have any more information on this.

Thanks,

Srikanth

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth

You can refer the SAP Note which having all the informations

1965692 - HR Renewal 2.0: Release Information Note

BR

SS

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

would you please attach the stack of your SPS6 implementation?

SAP_HR 608 is part of HR RENEWAL 2.0.

HR RENEWAL is an addon for SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7. Usually you should be able to calculate a stackfile by activating either Human Capital Management or Learning Solution in MOPZ.

Cheers,
Andreas

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked Stack.xml file for SPS6 and there is no HR Renewal entry 2.0 in that. There is only HR Renewal 1.0.

But I am sure I have selected HR Renewal 2.0 in Add-ons and also selected HCM, Learning Solution under it.

However I am trying to generate stack for just Add-ons product now, even though it is not calculating stack for HR Renewal 2.0. And it doesn't give any error also.

Do you have any idea on this.

Also I have found Delta upgrade CD 51046674 in Software downloads. This also needs stack.xml for install through SAINT.

I think I am lost. Can you please suggest me as how do I proceed.

Thanks,

Srikanth

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

did you use the maintenance mode or the enhancement package installation mode?
I think you have to use the second one.

Cheers,
Andreas

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am getting below 2 options:

1. Support pack stack installation

2. Add on packages installation

Thanks,

Srikanth

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

you get those options during the calculation of the stackfile with Maintenance Optimizer? Can you attach a screenshot please?

Cheers,
Andreas

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Thank you very much for your time on this.

Below are the screen shots. Our solman is on 7.1 SPS12

I get this screen after I select Product system---->calculate files automatically.

I tried selecting both the options and tried, but it will not pull HR Renewal 2.0 files.

Below is next screen. In Add on products I select HR Renewal 2.0 and Hit Apply

But I am not sure why Required instance and Product version disappear after hit Apply

Check my another screen shot in below reply to Reagan.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Srikanth

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

did you press the green 'i' left to "HR RENEWAL 2.0" for further information?
Maybe you can try option "addon products", because HR component will be updated.

Let's give it a try.

Andreas

former_member201782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Green button does not provide any information.

Add on packages option also does not calculate stack for HR Renewal 2.0.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,

Srikanth

alichtenau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I mean the option "Add-On products" from the screen below not the same as Reagan meant:

If you select HR Renewal 2.0 afterwards you will get a proper stackfile?

Best regards,
Andreas