Did you mean: 

Windows authentication to connect to MSSQL server

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

CPS build - M33.104

NW 7.31 on windows 2008 R2/MSSQL server 2012

We recently bought JDBC licenses and connected to the MSSQL server through SQL authentication successfully.

However, i'm not able to find a way to create a process server that uses windows authentication to connect to MSSQL server.

I tried

1. Placing the sqljdbc_auth.dll in
    • C:\Windows\System32
    • C:\Windows\system
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    • then rebooted the entire server
  2. using integratedSecurity=True option as shown below to authenticate

When i click Next in the above screen, my Java instance gets rebooted!

F  *** ERROR => Java VM crashed.

F  ***

F  *** Please see section 'Java process issues'

F  *** in SAP Note 1316652 for additional information and trouble shooting advice.

So, does anybody know how to configure JDBC process server to use windows authentication?

Also why would the JVM crash, for using integratedSecurity= true option? If i leave that Options field empty, it just throws, login failed error when i click next.

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

You should probably watch out here, as you must have the 64bit version of sqljdbc_auth.dll and put it into C:\Windows\System32.

I assume you have a  64bit JVM, so remove the file from the C:\Windows\System and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directories.

You should also download the latest version of the MS SQL JDBC driver. Make sure you have version 3.

src: How can I connect to SQL Server using integrated security with the JDBC driver? - Stack Overflow

Also, I am not sure if the wizard supports this; you might have to create the JDBC job definition manually.

Regards,

HP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nanda,

You have to look at the Java dumps to check why your JVM crashes here.

The issue is that lets say you get this setup (which is easy, use manual setup), you will not be able to run jobs as they require a Credential. You have to file an enhancement request to get this working.

Regards Gerben

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey Gerben,

We had a webex with redwood support and figured out that when we place the sqljdbc_auth.dll in the jdbc folder that NW Java refers to, the sapserviceSID user (who run the sap service) can be used with the integrated security to connect to the DB and schedule queries and stored procedures.

The recommendation was to use JDBC 3.0 driver instead of 4.0 and support person kind of said that, version 4.0 is what was causing the JVM crash.

I will try to write up our findings shortly.

Thanks

Nanda