cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide buttons in UWL task

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I have implemented a workflow in UWL. in the preview section I want to hide the 2 orange buttons "Bestellung genehmigen" and "Bestellung ablehnen"  see screenshot:

My XML is looking like this.

<Action name="GroupAction_1" handler="dummy">

<Properties>

<Property name="display_order_priority" value="uwlExcludeFromPreviewDetail"/>

</Properties>

</Action>

How can I find out what the name of the button is ???? I use "GroupAction_1" now, but this is wrong I think. how should I know how

the button is called ?

or is something else wrong with the xml ?

any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

has anybody an idea ? i am near to dispair

i have tried everything, but i don't get the buttons away there how can i find out

the names of the buttons of this workitem ?

br, Martin

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Regarding this aspect of the scenario let us stick to the same principle discussed in the other two threads .

SAP Note: 1532883 How to Enable the Support Information for Troubleshooting issues in the UWL (universal worklist).

1 - Log on to the portal.
2 - Go to System Administration -> System Configuration.
3 - In detailed navigation click on the UWL & Workflow folder to expand out.
4 - Click on the UWL Administration link.
5 - Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
6 - Click on the button to open the tray for the Optional UWL Service Configuration.
7 - Scroll down again.
8 - Go into edit mode.
9 - Display Support Information: Set this parameter to 'true'.
10 - Click save.
11 - Navigate back to the UWL.
12 - Click on the Tasks tab. (This forces refresh of workitems).
13 - Click on the Task in the worklist that needs attention.
14 - Scroll down and you will see the support information.

If you want to hide buttons this involves "Actions to Exclude" and also "XML Files". Firstly two points regarding XML files and their editing:

1. Always backup untouched XML files so changes can be reverted easily if required.
  2. XML files follow the notion of precedence. Therfore once you make changes to the files themselves they need to be reuploaded with a new priorty of "High" in order to realize changes. The UWL cache should also be cleared here.

Steps to Clear the UWL Cache: - please go to "System Administration" "System Configuration" ->

-> Universal Work list & Workflow

-> Universal Workflow Administration

-> Click on cache administration page

-> Click "Clear Cache" button.

Lastly log on to the portal with an id that has tasks in the UWL and can access the PCD.  Go to Content Administration  > Portal content

1. Content provided by SAP
2. End user content
3. Standard Portal users
4. Iviews
5. com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.iviews
6. open the folder
7. right click on the Universal Worklist
8. and display a preview.

Are the buttons hidden if you test from this location?

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know how to do all those things, I know how to clear the chace, I know how to work with XML. I am an portal admin

The question is how I can disable exactly this 2 buttons from this workitem. All other things I know already.

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In the Support section (as pointed out above) of the selected task, you’ll find the action name in the table “Unterstützte Aktionen für diesen Eintrag”.  But this table shows you all the Actions defined for a certain ItemType. You’ll probably find “GroupAction_1” also as an action. In this table, look for the text “Bestellung genehmigen” in the column “Text anzeigen”. Look at the corresponding action in the column “Aktions-ID”.

It’s important to select the task by clicking the task, otherwise you’ll see the wrong details. But, probably you already know.

To disable the button, <Action name="action" handler="dummy" /> would be enough. Used it myself also for in various systems.

Best regards,

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Edward,

thank you, but I already have tried this.

the 2 buttons are NOT in the action list in supp.information. see the screenshot.

The 2 buttons with the text "Bestellung genehmigen" and "Bestellung ablehnen" do NOT appear in the list of "“Unterstützte Aktionen für diesen Eintrag”. There are a lot of actions in the list, but NOT the 2 buttons. even when I scroll down the list of actions I can't find it there

so I have tried almost everything

br, Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I would expect the buttons to be found in the Support Information. Strange behavior .

Have you tried increasing the trace levels of UWL, as described in this note? Maybe something pops up in the logs which puts you on the track:

1120556 - Requirements for Issue Handling in the UWL Area

Is it possible the buttons are from another UWL definition, with a lower priority, using the same item types? Are you using any specific UWL configurations from the UWL iView which may affect this? Have you tried hiding the buttons from the iView, using attributes 'excludeActionList', 'excludeDisplayAttributes'? This is not a solution, because it's hiding the buttons for all tasks, but just to test if this is affecting the behaviour of the buttons.

Have you tried looking at the trouble shooting section of the UWL? This can help figuring out which configurations are actual being loaded for a certain user / task:

System Administration -> System Configuration -> Universal Worklist & Workflow -> Click to Manage Item Types and View Definitions -> For troubleshooting the configuration content "click here"

Best regards,

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

I have tried everything which you described, but with no result I don't know what

I can do anymore.

the only thing I have to try is your hint with the uwl trace level. maybe I can see something there.

any other idea from somebody ?

br, Martin