Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Queries in Query Browser of Dashboard

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to get the entire list of BW queries which are consumed via query browser in a particular dashboard? This would help us eliminate unwanted or obsolete BW queries.

Regards,

Shwetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think it would show Bex queries. Upon checking relationships it will only show the BICS connections it is connected to. and a BICS connection may be connected to lots of Bex queries. So no simple way of doing this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Query Browser,you can able to see the Query descriptions.Based on this you can easily find their technical names of your dashboard queries using Bex query search  if you are using different query descriptions for each query.

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed that is possible . But imagine a scenario wherein there are multiple queries with text descriptions. I suppose key is more reliable that text in such situations

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

To elaborate further, I would like to know the technical name of the BW queries being used via query browser in dashboard designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use the promotion manager from CMC to create a BIAR file for your dashboard. In the summary screen you will get a list of all direct queries used inside your dashboard.

Hope that helps.

Taha

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately in the summary screen, we do not get to see the tech name of the BW queries. They instead show a list of instance of queries with some technical names but not those of BW queries.

Regards,

Shwetha