cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component-preload of Fiori Apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I try to extend a Fiori App (mytravelandexpense, trv_te_cre) by extending a controller.

While testing the modified app I noticed that there are no Views/Controllers of the original App loaded. The only file which is loaded is the component-preload. Anyway the App is working fine and there is no error.

So looked into the Component preload. I found nearly 20000 lines of code which contain every necessary information to generate a working app. For example all controllers of the app are packed in functions of the component-preload.

The unmodified original App shows the same behaviour.

I also noticed that in earlier releases the App is generated out of the controllers and views and not out of a single componenet-preload.

Can someone explain why the app is acting this way?

Regards

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Component-preload.js is a way to optimize the number of round trips the app has to load the view/controllers. Here, all the views/controller's line of code are minified/concatenated into a single file component-preload.js so that all are loaded in a single shot! Whenever a request to load any of your view/controller is triggered, the code gets parsed from the component-preload.js instead of a XHR request. If the component-preload.js is not available in the app, then a request to the appropriate view/controller is loaded through XHR request for every view/controller.

Answers (0)