cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL attachments not opening in portal after upgradation to 7.4 from 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently upgraded EP from NW 7.0 to Nw 7.4. Now users are not able to open attachments in UWL work item. Where as attachments are visible both in preview and work item in new window

when the item is opened, attachments are opening from preview but not in the item. When the attachment in the item is clicked it is opening a blank window with url http:/xxx.xxx.xxx:5IN00/com.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice/html/child.html.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check note 2047102 - 'JavaScript error on opening a new window from iView, which was opened in a separate window' and apply the patch including fix.

Thanks and regards,

Lorraine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks, the solution proposed in the OSS note 2047102 - "JavaScript error on opening a new window from iView" as corrected the problem. I had to import EP-RUNTIME 7.40.8.7 and EP-BASIS-API 7.40.8.2.

Prathyusha, can you test that solution and close the blog and give some reward to Lorraine.

Best Regards,

Karl Brabant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

We have some issues in solution manager to download patches.Hence not able to apply .

Can you please confirm whether the  issue got resolved after applying OSS note 2047102.

Thanks

Prathyusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathysha,

Yes, the OSS note 2047102 resolved the issue. Follwing the OSS note instructions we had imported the following two packages in the SAP portal: EP-RUNTIME 7.40.8.7 and EP-BASIS-API 7.40.8.2.

Regards,

Karl Brabant

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Thanks for update, glad it resolved your issue.

Regards,

Lorraine

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Lorraine & Karl,

Thank u so much .Issue got Resolved.

Thanks

Prathyusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusha,

Can you change the status to resolved so other peoples will know that there is a solution?

Regards,

Karl Brabant

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusha & Karl

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

In relation to the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

- When the attachment within the workitem is clicked it is opening a blank URL page.

Now regarding this could you kindly provide clarification on the following:

• Did you clear the UWL cache/restart the portal service post upgrade?
  • Is this issue occuring for all users in all web browser types?
  • Are customizations/personalizations currently in place?

** Reference Documentation **

• SAP Note: 701641 - Problems opening Adobe acrobat .pdf file in IE browser.
  • SAP Note: 1146711 - Problem opening PDF files

The message may be relevant to Adobe settings, you can find the thread in Adobe forum. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/795375

To make sure whether it is a change delivered by SAP note, we need to know the settings in Adobe does not block it. "Edit > Preferences > Trust Manager > Internet Access from PDF Files outside the web browser > Change Settings". Selet the radio button "Allow PDF files to acess all websites" and please try the URL again in confirmation letter.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

Here are the answer to your questions:

• Did you clear the UWL cache/restart the portal service post upgrade? --> Yes
  • Is this issue occuring for all users in all web browser types? --> Yes
  • Are customizations/personalizations currently in place? --> Not for what I know

I looked at the OSS note and they where for previous version of Portal. Here we did an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.4 and before the upgrade, everything was working fine.

Here is the information I sent to SAP:

In the UWL, we select a line from the Tasks list for which we have to do an approbation. Then we click on the "Display the object" link directly from the UWL Overview first page.

A new tab is open in IE and we are in the ECC system "XXXUWL100" in the "Display Approbation Request" transaction and the URL from that link is: "https://xxxxx.xxx.com:5xxx1/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_conten...XXXUWL100&TCode=SWF_OBJ_EXEC_CL&DynamicParameter=P_INSTID%3D000000024059%26P_TYPEID%3DBUS2104%26P_METHOD%3DDISPLAY%26P_CATID%3DBO&OkCode=ONLI&CurrentWindowId=WID1416335905915&NavMode=1&PrevNavTarget=navurl%3A%2F%2Feb3eab2763b63821a06341159c15c412"

Now, if we open the task from the Task list by clicking on it.

A new IE Window is open and there, we click on the "Display object" link (That should be the same as in the overview).

This time, the URL provided by that link is: "https://xxxxxxx.xxxx.com:5xxx1/com.sap.portal.navigation.helperservice/html/child.html".

A new blank IE Window is open and nothing else.

Best Regards,

Karl Brabant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathyusha,

I have the exact same behavior after upgrading from EP 7.0 to EP 7.4 this weekend. I have just opened an Issue at SAP 10 minutes ago. Let me know if you get an answer before me. And if I get something before I'll let you know.

Karl B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

we have observed this issue, too. Do you got any reply from SAP support regarding this topic?

Best regards

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Nothing yet... I'll push on the incident again today and I'll let you know.

If you find a solution please let me know.

Regards,

Karl