Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reversal in Different Fiscal Year is not Allowed

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was making a suggestion on the error screenshot below but I only want to confirm the risk in doing this.

My suggestions are:

1. I was suggesting that they retire the assets and post again in the new year OR

2. we open the old year during closing hour  and reverse this again.

We had couple of Purchase Order Assets that would not allow us to flag the negative values, the area to check was grey and the message on the assets stated they had been de-activated. Sometime in  2013 Fixed Assets had transferred the cost for these assets to different assets which de-activated the original asset.  we attempted using Transaction Code AB08 to reverse the document number in current year 2014 but received the following message:  Reversal in different fiscal year is not allowed.

Thank you

Femmy John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Femmy John,

Yes, this reversal will not allowed.

I guess you've two options:

1. Open the period and try reversal;
  2. Try to post the same document with depreciation key "0000". It depends what you want, so you can try open the period and post in the old fiscal year or post in actual fiscal year.

When you run depreciation for the specific asset and you want to reverse, you can't use AB08. Thus, change the depreciation key for 0000 and run again. The post that you did with AFAB will be cleared with the new post.

You can use the same idea.

JPA

former_member564981
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Joao for your quick response. We decided to retire the assets concerned.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Femmy John

Answers (0)