cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO License Swap questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a situation for BO License Swap in our production server.

Currently we have old license key applied with X number of licenses and we are using Win AD group to sync uses in BO and use Win AD Authentication. Any users synced is created as named user and not concurrent user ( this is from initial setup).

Now as our user base have increased we have upgraded our license and have received new License key from SAP which we need to apply.

Issue -

When applying new key I have to delete old key (which will drop all users synced from Win AD, it will drop all security setup on Folders and Application for those users and delete all personal folder contents)

Question -

Does anyone know how do we apply new keys without dropping uses and retaining all security setup and personal folder content?

Workaround -

I am thinking to take BIAR file extract for all personal folders content. And redo the security.

Your input -

Let me know if there is any better way to handle this.

Thanks,

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

was able to solve the issue by following steps.

1. Change the key code from edge to Enterprise. Simply be able to go into cmc and paste the new key code over the old edge one.
  2. Go into their profiles and can change it manually from Named to Concurrent users.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member926196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

You can try creating secEnterprise aliases for Windows AD users as per SAP Note: 1401058 to keep personal folders and inboxes of AD users intact.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1401058

-Ambarish-

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajan,

If you changing your license model from NAMED users to CONCURRENT users and are worried about dropping your users.  The best to do is download the TEMP keys and convert all your users to proper license model, you will have 90days.

Keys | SAP Support Portal

Regards,

Ajay