cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GROSS WEIGHT ERROR IN CUSTOMS DECLARATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have an unusual incompletion check in my customs declaration. The gross weight of the line item is 518,762 and the net weight of the item is 500 kg.

But still i get the incompletion message as "Item 2: Gross weight must not be smaller than net weight".

I have tried manually changing it.But still it is the same. It is an integration document.i.e it has been created from the proforma invoice sent by ERP system.

Kindly give me your suggestions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

The reason for that incomplete message was "invalid package type was defined"

The package type defined was invalid in GTS. .

Once the type was changed, the document processed successfully

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Subject to your confirmation on Dhilipan's question, my guess is that the country is 'US'.  Of all the checks producing that incompletion message (there are 12), that's the only one which DOESN'T actually compare the Gross Weight with the Net Weight.

Instead, that check compares the Gross Weight with the value of the CTSDIM field(s) when the Statistical Unit is 'KG'.  Normally that should make no difference, but it could be possible - and I guess it is in your case - to have a statistical weight that is different from the declared Net Weight of the product.

I suggest you check the classification data for your Product, and correct it if necessary.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Please can you let me know what it reflects in the customs declaration document for the specified parameters.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Can you please let us know for which country is this Export declaration?

After changing the value manually, just save your declaration first and then reopen the declaration and check if the incompletion is still there.

Regards

Dhilipan