cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data migration in SAP EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

How do we migrate old ECC data to SAP EM.  Is there any standard tool for the same ?

Thanks,

Shubh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to reiterate that no standard tool exists here. 

You have to be careful when going down this path of conversion:

1. Running through the extraction logic is easy enough to do in order to create your EH
    1. Create a shell program to find all documents older than date X - i.e. The ones you want to transfer
    2. Populate the SAP EM data structures (using FM: /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_FILL_TABCONT) with the relevant data from the database tables - Ensure that the update indicator is set to I for Insert - Your relevance check for generating an EH should check UPDKZ = I
    3. Call function module /SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_FILL_TABCONT  to initiate the EM config to extract the data
  2. Generating the Events is the tricky part - For each event you need to be able to either create the event or close out the expected event so that it doesn't go overdue
    1. Write a program to check for the status of the document and call the BAPI to ADD EVENT MSG 02 accordingly - This is a once off affair

This last part may be too big a task to handle or run very inefficiently so most folks go for a silent go-live or a statement of go-live from this day onwards.

1. Silent go-live = Go live now to start collecting EH and EVM for a period of time to cycle through open documents. Once all open documents are reflected in EM then you have a hard go-live
  2. Hard go-live date = Go live but the users understand that only documents created after the go-live date will be accurately reflected in EM

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per our project specific requirement, we have written a program and scheduled it as background job to push data from ECC to EM system in regular interval.

I think, In the simillar manner, you have to fill all the relevant structures in the BAPI EH POST and ADD EVENT MSG 02 and push it to EM through RFC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh,

As Zenon confirmed that you need to write ABAP code to extract the data from ECC.  However, it is tedious work to perform, some documents will be middle of expected events when you extract and you may need to perform lot of manual activities too.

Also, if you start from new documents, then all the data will be perfect and reports also will accurate.

You can wait for other members comments, they may be done in their project.

Regards

GGOPII

ZenonK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shubh.

I don't think there is a tool.  

You have to write some abap to extract the data and call the EM Bapis.

Cheers.

Zenon.