Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice to Uplaod Legacy MSDS

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have query. I want to upload MSDS which are created in Legacy System(Non-SAP system) to SAP System. We have Legacy system MSDS in PDF format which we will use for Mass uplaod. The number of MSDS to be uploaded is around 2 lakhs.

I have checked SAP Help on the following path

Report Import: Process - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

This basically provides information on transaction CG36. Following are the steps which I identified.

1. Create two files  required for report import: The *.KEY file contains all key information for the report. The actual report is a *.PDF file.

2. Upload these filesin AL11 under path for example, /USR/EHS_ DATA /INBOUND/  using CG3Z transaction

3. Then Go to Transaction CG36 and Upload the MSDS.

This is simple as far as if I need to upload some small amount od MSDS. Les than 50. Now queries are

1. Now if My number is large, Do I have to upload all files ( 2 lakhs key file + 2 lakh pdf files) on to application server.

2. If yes to 1, then How should I upload these large amount of files on AL11 path. Using CG3Z i can upload on files ( either Key file or pdf file).This would be feasible task for 2 lakh MSDS + 2 laks Key filesto be uploaded.

3. Lets say by any means I upload all file on AL11, how will I perform upload in CG36 where i can upload one single MSDS at a time. This would be feasible task for 2 lakh MSDS to be uploaded.

Are my observation correct or Am I missing SOmething here. Can you please guide me how to achive this target in best possible and fastest way.

Thanks and waiting for  your reply.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh

your topic is quite old and discussed often (refer below)

in regards of:

1. Now if My number is large, Do I have to upload all files ( 2 lakhs key file + 2 lakh pdf files) on to application server.

Answers is yes: if you use SAP STANDARD you need pdf and key file.; e.g. check:

I found this on top: https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YF-CL_EHCSM_SPC_ACCESS~~~~~~~~~~~UPLOAD_MSDS_T... (never userd it)

May be check transaction:  CG36VEN; here you can upload one MSDS without keyfile

In regards of:

2. If yes to 1, then How should I upload these large amount of files on AL11 path. Using CG3Z i can upload on files ( either Key file or pdf file).This would be feasible task for 2 lakh MSDS + 2 laks Key filesto be uploaded.

If you have Windows or Unix based OS you can use whatever kind of "add on" tool to transfer "on mass" key and pdf files from e.g. your local drive to the "transfer" folder on OS level; you need only to have enough access rights to do so

3. Lets say by any means I upload all file on AL11, how will I perform upload in CG36 where i can upload one single MSDS at a time. This would be feasible task for 2 lakh MSDS to be uploaded.

If I remember corrrect: any file (combination of key and pdf) will be imported if you use CG36; the number of files is not of interest

May be check these threads:

etc.

C.B.