cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link the Sample Drawing Procedure and Sampling Procedure in QP01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a requirement.

The Raw Material (Liquid) is purchased in KG and received in Drums. All the transactions and movements done against the Raw Materials are done in KG only. But, the samples are measured in ML (Mili Litre) and taken in a beaker (100 ML in one beaker).

The rule for sampling is that among the total quantity of drums received, the sample is taken from [SQRT(n) + 1] drums.

For example, Raw Material Cetyl Alcohol is received in total quantity 4000 KG. This 4000 KG of Cetyl alcohol was received in 16 Drums (Each drum with a capacity of 250 KG).

So the sample will be taken from SQRT(16) + 1 = 4 + 1 = 5 Drums.

That is the sample size will be 100 ML X 5 = 500 ML (100 ML from each drum).

I have created one SDP(Sample Drawing Procedure) in QPV2 where I have maintained the standard formula TRUNC(SQRT(P2)+1) and selected the field Consider no. of containers in the header of the SDP. I have assigned this SDP in the QP01 for Raw Material Cetyl alcohol with Insp Points 200 (Inspection point for phys. sample). But when I am trying to calculate the sample size for the lot that is generated after the GRN, the system gives a pop up with the message No sampling procedure found for sample determination.

So, the questions are -

1) What are the steps to incorporate this requirement in SAP (With Tcodes).

2) Which sampling procedure to be used (Fixed, 100%, With sampling scheme, Percentage) with which Valuation mode?

3) How to calculate the sample size in ML for the material that is received in KG?

Ultimately, the system should show the sample size calculated as 500 ML.

Please post your solutions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

People

Ignore the conversion of KG into ML. But please let me know your suggestions/comments on how to make use of SDP and corresponding Sampling Procedure in QP01.

Awaiting your replies.