Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI/XI Message monitoring

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please clarify the below question.

Apart from starting, stopping, getting status of a communication channel in PI/XI using CPS, can we also do message monitoring in PI using CPS?. If so could you please provide me the required steps.

Also what else we can do in PI using CPS?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ramana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Yes you can do message monitoring in PI. You can setup registry keys for messages and message statuses you are interested in and an alert will be raised if the system finds a message with the specified key field values in the given status.

Regards Gerebn

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

Actually, I don't know the process how to setup registry keys for messages and message statuses. Where can I find the required documentation to do this setup for message monitoring as I don't see in Admin guide.

Please advise.

Regards,

Ramana

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Look in the documentation fro XMB monitoring. It is under Configuring the Central and Satellite Systems->Active XMB Monitoring

Regards Gerben

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Garben,

I see in the admin guide, that we can import monitor sets available in transaction RZ20 by configuring the XAL tab.

Are you referring this one?

Also I see the information is provided on  XMW and XBP interface.

I don't see any XMB monitoring in the admin guide.

We are using the M33.92 version of CPS.

I am sorry to bother you with my naive questions as I am the beginner to SAP CPS. Please advise.

Regards,
Ram

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Please check that you have the ProcessServerService.SAP.XMBMessageMonitoring license key, first of all. If you do not have this license key, you will have to create an OSS message.

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Carpenter. We don't have this license key.  Do they also provide us with the necessary instructions to setup the PI/XI message monitoring in CPS along with the license?

Regards,

Ramana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I assume they will provide instructions. I mean, they will never leave you out in the cold. 😉

Regards,

HP

former_member1244799
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Carpeter. I sugggested this to the client. Yeah, I hope they provide the instructions. Also thank you so much Gerben.

Answers (0)