cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error launching office client: Automation Server can't create object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends, i would like to know the solution to an expected error in SAP BPC for MS 10.0. Attached the picture with error. I have tested two scenarios.

1. Client Environment

OS Windows 8

Microsoft Office 7.0 (32 bits)

IE ver 11, version 11.0.9600.17416

I also have been tested on Server environment and failed too.

2. Server Environment

OS Windows 2008 R2

Microsoft Office 10, 64 bits, ver 14.0.7128.5000

IE ver 11, version 11.0.9600.17420

Pls, any recommendation to this situation would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

it's a new installation?

which sp of bpc?

Microsoft Office 7.0 (32 bits) is Office 2007? Which sp?

Which error do you receive from client? When, at logon?

Did you try client and server diagnostics? Are all ok?

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

1. its not a new installation

2. EPM 10.0, SP 18, Patch 2, NET 3.5

3.Office 2007, SP3 MSO (12.0.6683.5000)

4. When try to perform a BPF task that call a report template or input schedule bring Error: "Error launching office client: Automation Server cant create object". At logon, no error
. (See previous picture).

5. Yes, server diagnostics its ok. I did not perform a client diagnostic because I do not know how to.

Thanks a lot Roberto,

let me know anything can help,

Daniel

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

for client diagnostic, from bpc launch page click on "Client Software Center" you should see client diagnostics.
For BPC which sp?

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

for BPC sp 18, patch 2. Tomorrow I will check the client diagnostic and I will notice you

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

sp 18, patch 2 is probably EPM, BPC 10 version has at maximum sp15, please verify the bpc sp on the connection page where you choose the environment and model.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto, sorry but I can not verify the BPC SP , help me a little more with a picture or something

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I'm working on 7.5 if you don't find the version on the starting connection page, something like 10.0. ... open bpc server manager and read the server->information->"Server Version" this is equivalent.

See please also 1366676 - SAP BPC: What Service Pack, Patch and Build Version am I running ? and check BPC 10 MS.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roberto, BPC SP 14

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

on server, have you installed  EPM Add-in BIG VOL.10.0 on office2010 64 bits?

on client, let me know tomorrow the client diagnostic, be careful that sometimes the check are all green but bpc ask you to save the diagnostics, save it on your disk open it and check it because probably you will found inside an "error" status.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto, actually it is not installed EPM Add-in BOG VOL 10.0, just EPM version 10.0. All checks on the diagnostic are ok.

Do you think I need to install BIG Vol?

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

yes with office2010 64 bits you need EPM Add-in BIG VOL.10.0, so this could explain the issue on server.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto, I will download EPM BIG Vol and install on server. I will notice you results,

thanks!!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto & Guys, thanks for your help.

I found the solution installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)".

You can find in Microsoft Download center..

Any one of community with this problem go to www.microsoft.com/es-es/download/detail.aspx?id=14632

Thanks for your help!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Basically when clicking on that link IE is supposed to launch Excel via an Activex/COM call and the error message says it failed to do that.

The error you are getting is most likely due to the Internet Explorer security settings or due to inability of Internet Explorer to launch the edition of Microsoft Excel installed on that is installed on that workstation.

Please verify the following things:

• The edition of Internet Explorer you are running is matching the edition of Excel (if you are running Excel 32 bit make sure you are launching the 32 bit edition of IE and not the 64 bit one).
  • Under Internet Options -> Security -> (select the appropriate security zone corresponding to your situation) - relax the Activex security until you can find the setting that is preventing Excel to be launched.

Stefan

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel, As I know, there is bug of epm add-in. And it's fixed in EPM add-in SP20. And now, the latest version is SP21 now. I suggest that you install SP21 and try again.

Best regards,

Charlie

blu_taz18
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try to Go to internet explorer -> options--> advance--> reset?

Thanks.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mitch