cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use own themes with WIB BW-BPS 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to use my own themes on a BSP-application generated with the WIB. I followed Note 830251 and the blog: BSP/HowTo: CSS Hints - Custom Design for your BSP Applications.

But there have some questions risen up, which I hope somebody can clarify to me:

.) In the blog the upload path using report: BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS differs from the path used in the theme root attribute of the application in WIB. I don´t understand why.

.) As in the blog was mentioned the upload path should be /SAP/Zxxxxx/Theme - now I ended up with a folder under the SAP-root node in the MIME-Repository, which cannot be deleted - does anyone know how to get rid of this folder.

.) I tried to fill the path of my theme to the theme root attribute in WIB, but the BSP application never used the copied theme (maybe it was not in the right namespace, because my copied theme folder ended up under the SAP root node)

.) In the blog the changing of contents of BSP-applications is mentioned. Aren't changes made to a BSP overwritten the next time the application is generated in the WIB? So I´m not sure if I can follow the procedure described in the blog at all.

For every help I would be very grateful, as I work on this problem for a time.

Thx Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

a comment to my blog drew my attention to your post here. As we already talked a bit via e-mail, this thread could maybe get closed/marked as answered.

Could you post a reply with your answers/results you got, so that people reading this post can benefit from it as well?

Cheers,

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case somebody runs into similar problems as I did, here are our findings which helped us.

I copied the theme folder according to the blog of Maximilian Schaufler except that I used the long path /sap/bc/bsp/sap/zxxxxx/. Then my WIB generated BSP application was able to draw my modified css. As I know Max worked under Web AS 6.20, but we use Web AS 6.40. Maybe there was a change in the program which is used to down- and upload the folder structure, so that know the whole path has to be used. Anyway the upload program copies exactly to the path you are keying in, so you should not omit something like it is written in the blog.

After that it was no problem to adjust the styles of my web layout according to my needs.

Cheers Michael