Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Dropdown Menu Options in BRFplus Workbench

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are on a 731/SP10 system.

I have provided maintenance/edit functionality to a decision table for business team members through a custom program. I was able to hide most of the unwanted functionality by redefining the IF_FDT_WD_UI_MODE~GET_CONFIGURATION method in a custom class. However there are still some buttons and menu options that are not really relevant for the users who would be responsible for maintaining the decision table.

Is it possible to as easily as the above method:

1. Hide/disable the 'Context Overview' button?
  2. Hide/disable 'Rearrange...' in the 'Additional Actions' drop down?
  3. Enable only 'Display Object History' in the 'More' drop down?

Best,

Ramki.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the config you can switch off technical tools/features. Please try this. What does survive?

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Carsten. Can you be more specific please and let me know what config? I would like to keep only the options that are relevant for editing the decision table. I wanted to disable the Rearrange option so that the column order is always the same for all users. I definitely don't want the ability to 'Mark as Obsolete". I also disabled the 'Copy' button in the above mentioned method redefinition but it is till enabled in the 'More' drop down.

Regards,

Ramki.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I think you are at the right spot with IF_FDT_WD_UI_MODE~GET_CONFIGURATION.

For the options that you can set here take a look at the constants defined in the interfaces if_fdt_wd_user_configuration and if_fdt_wd_objm_configuration.

For setting e. g. the Copy button to hidden use the constant if_fdt_wd_objm_configuration=>gc_toolbar_button_copy and set its visibility to false.

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

My guess is that was referring to the "personalization" settings in the BRF+ UI.

Akshat

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have used the relevant constants and options available from the two interfaces and I have the UI look the way I want except for what I mentioned in my original post. The 'Copy' button is not displayed on the tool bar but is still available in the drop down menu.

Thanks,

Ramki.

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

Have I missed something? What other personalization settings are available in the BRF+ that I can configure and how?

Thanks,

Ramki.