cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection for multiple vendor batches

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have certain scenario in QM which I would like to share it here and get some response:

One material say X is (not SAP batch managed). I need to do Inspection for the same before I go ahead with GR.

Now, the tricky part is, even though its not batch managed in SAP, it comes with different vendor batches. Now I expect inspection lot to be created for each vendor batch. So that I can do inspection of the particular vendor batch and decide whether this vendor batch is good enough to do GR!!!

Could you please help me out.

Regards

Shiju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1. 1.Keep Control Insp Lot Setting for Insp Type 01 – For each Material Document Item.
  2. 2.Create PO as much Quantity required.
  3. 3.At the time of GR split the Quantity as per Vendor Batch Quantity using the option Distribute Quantity and the system will create as many Inspection lot for Individual Vendor Batch.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the use of distributing the qunatity in MIGO. But my requirement is to have it done before GR.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think that we cannot have Vendor Batch field in MIGO, if the material is not batch managed, as both the field comes under batch tab.

For my requirement, even though the material comes with vendor batch, its not batch management in our SAP system.

Regards

Shiju

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As you may not able to declare the Vendor batch quantity at the time of PO you have to use the above method.

Since the material is not batch managed Batch tab will not be available in standard GR process. you can use some text field at item level to mention the vendor batch no.

If you can declare the vendor batch quantity at the time of PO creation, then create as many line item in PO.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seperate the items of purchase order by vendor batch.

Then you can create source inspection lots for each vendor batches.

or activate the batch management.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply.

Separating the items in PO based on vendor batch would be a difficult task at all times.

Secondly, the batch management cannot be activated as internally once the GR is done, the material is not maintained in batches in downstream like Consumption to Production etc.

Regards

Shiju

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't seperate the items in PO, you can't control GR process.

If only inspection results based on vendor batch is enough for your requirement, try to use the inspection point.

You can evaluate each inspection points (each vendor batches) in one source inspection lot.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I will explore the Inspection Points for this purpose and let you know.

Regards

Shiju

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please look into the query and guide.

Regards

Shiju

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl explore Source inspection. That might fit into your scenario

ntn

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

I checked Inspection at Source too.  But the real worry is to handle the scenario for multiple vendor batch.

Source inspection lot is created with the purchase order/vendor. And if I need to control the vendor batch lot creation, I need to enter the vendor batch in PO itself which doesn't look practical each time.

Regards

Shiju