cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change production does not change shop order info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When using the Change Production activity and for example change the material version
for all SFC's in the shop order, then the shop order information will not change.

I have two questions:
1) Should it be like this by design or it is a bug?

2) Are there any way that I can change the shop order material version after the shop order has been released?

Best regards,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

1. Change Production deals with SFCs, but not with Orders. The order ID can be used as a filter criterion to select the needed SFCs.

Read-only mode of Planned Material field after order release is an old basic feature. Planned Material is a key field in Shop Order Maintenance. Thus it implies a sort of stronger relation between Shop Order and Material. In this way, I would expect freeze of this relation after order release.

So, I do not think it is a bug.

2. I would say that if you execute Change Production for SFCs, and additionally need to change the material of the order, it sounds as if you see some problems with definition of this order. Then it looks reasonable to create a new order with correct/needed definition and then move those SFCs (with changing their material during) to the new order during Change Production.

You could also try updating the order via Webservices, but it it allowed such trick, I would take this as an inconsistency/bug in WS.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)