cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basics of BWA and connectivity with TREX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on SAP BI NetWeaver 7.3 with SAPKB73008 , SAPKW73008 and I am from BASIS team with limited BWA knowledge

We are having a total of 6 BW application servers installed on Linux and 7 blades of BWA which are installed on different servers (Not on the same SAP installed servers).

i had reviewed many SAP Notes and blogs, my bad - i couldnt get BASICS of connectivity with "SAP BI system --> TREX and BWA"

1. Can anyone please help me explain the integrity between the above three products? and suggestions for below:

2 We are using TREX with BWA version - 7.20.25.00. Hope it is BWA 7.2 with Does that mean 7.20 version with Revision 25

Please correct me if i am wrong

3. When i do Connection availability from RSDDBIAMON2, below is the result

BW Accelerator services are fully available - GREEN, however below are in Yelolow status

At least one of the checks (type Summary) is not recognized

At least one of the checks (type Current Results) is not recognized

At least one of the checks (type History) is not recognized

At least one of the actions (type History) is not recognized

For the above Warnings i referred Notes and they suggest when we upgrade the system, there are still some messages missing and suggested to implement to a SP level.

However, we are almost with the lastest level and way ahead thanthe suggested version.

4. System Check - Warning: All 6 AppServers(<PRD SID> are not connected directly

I did not get any clue about these warnings nor basics of connectivity between TREX, BWA and BI systrem, appreciate your response

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

natsuka_rastert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

1. Please see the document from Priyanka.

Put very simply, BW Accelerator is a replacement of Aggregates.
   (SAP Help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/ac/0f8646ae644faf88e7accbb10a6058/content.htm?frameset=...)

TREX can be used in BW system for BW Metadata Search.
   (SAP Help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/245930b1160456e10000000a421937/frameset.htm)

2. You are correct.
   7.20.25 means Release 720 and revision 25.
   BWA720 Revision 25 was released 2 years ago and I would suggest you to implement the latest revision.
   You can check the latest revision in the note 1845809. When we release a new revision, the note is updated.

3. When you click a question mark icon in the long text filed, you will get the explanation of the warnings.  For the furhter explanation, please check SAP Note 1019198.

4. It is explained in the Technical Operations Manual for BWA720.
   http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/301d5c25-2cba-2c10-d491-9af8d495c...

I hope it helps.

Natsuka

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

I would suggest to have a look to below document.

It seems helpful in understanding the basic concept of BWA .

Thanks,

Priyanka