Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running the SLT Jobs with dedicated batchjobuser

JoeGoerlich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i'm running SLT on DMIS SP6 and allready have all the latest correction notes implemented.

I've created a SLT_MASTER user and putted it in as Replication Server Job User in LTRC Administration Data for every Mass Transfer ID.

So from now on every Replication job is running in the context of SLT_MASTER. So far so good.

But the master job is still startet with the dialog user which is logged on and starting "all configurations".

I like to avaid the job is failing when that dialog user get locked.

How can i switch the master job to a batchjobuser?

Is the only possibility to achieve this by changing this User to dialog, give it a password, log on, stop/start all configurations?

Thanks for your help

Joe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoeGoerlich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found a solution how to get the masterjob scheduled with a batchuser.

The masterjob is scheduled by FuBa  IUUC_REPL_START_JOBS. And there is a Report IUUC_REPL_START_STOP_JOBS which can be executed in background in context of the Batchuser.

Now we don't run in trouble when the Dialog users get locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Goerlich,

Is it possible for you to help us with the detailed steps performed for solving this issue.

thanks,

Amar Ghuge

JoeGoerlich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amar,

as you found out in this is no solution if

users stop the whole replication via LTRC.

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Goerlish,

I agree to the fact that this is not a Solution but just a work around, I have created a process out of it for everyone in my team so that we dont restart the replication as is.

If you have any other solution please let me know, I would be glad to go through and implement the same.

Regards

Amar Ghuge

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nilesh_khorgade
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Johannes,

I think you can use user type as system or service for SLT user but not dialog user as it has some limitations.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

User Batchjobuser Type as System.

Defining Users for Background Processing - SAP NetWeaver Security Guide - SAP Library

Regards,

V Srinivasan

JoeGoerlich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasan,

thats not the point. I like to know how the Master Job can be planned in context of onother user than the logged on dialog user which is pressing the button "Start all Configurations" in LTRC.

regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

You can use a service user for this.System & Communication user is not possible as you need to log on with this user to start/stop the master job.

Just login with Service user & stop/start the configuration.

Regards,

Joydeep.