Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing assignment of Deleted roles

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BW 7.4 version. I have deleted some roles in Dev system and transported the deletion to QA system. In QA system, the roles were assigned to some users. After deletion, the roles are deleted, but I can still see the role assignment for deleted roles in SU01. I think there is a program which can remove such role assignment. Could anyone share that program name or let ms know any other way around.

Program PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES or tcode PFUD are not helpful here.

In below image you can see the deleted roles (encircled) still assigned to users.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it got resolved by PFUD only.

But there is something I wanted to ask. There were 8 roles which I deleted and transported. I ran PFUD for only 1 role and selected Cleanups option. But it did cleanup for all 8 roles (or probably all roles in system). How exactly PFUD works? Actually I have never tried this tcode manually.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nitesh,

did the background job PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY is executed for the day?

If not, try to wait till the midnight.

Also, please look into this thread which might be useful for you at this moment.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1585478

let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Deepak M

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY or RHAUTUPD_NEW would help. Currently these jobs are not scheduled as we are in the process of implementing BW system.

These reports mostly deal with expired roles. In my case, the roles are not expired, but are deleted from SAP. But still in SU01, I can see the roles assigned, with no profile.

Thanks

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it got resolved by PFUD only.

But there is something I wanted to ask. There were 8 roles which I deleted and transported. I ran PFUD for only 1 role and selected Cleanups option. But it did cleanup for all 8 roles (or probably all roles in system). How exactly PFUD works? Actually I have never tried this tcode manually.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Nitesh,

The User buffer loads are based on the USTxx tables and not the real USRxx tables. The USTxx tables get out of sync over time and the "automatic" reset will not correct the problem. In those cases PFUD, SUPC and PFCG user reconcile and profile gen cause the reset.

PFUD (RHAUTUPD_NEW) a client dependent program that makes select statements to the table UST04 and tries to refresh it. So while doing this activity, it would have deleted the other roles which doesn't have profiles and already deleted from the system.

Let me know if you need further information or you can close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak M

0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh

PFUD help/information button is quite detailed and explains cleanups. Cleanups processing option does not reference the Role Ranges. Read the help and it will explain all of the tables/orphaned entries that are removed.

Also, search SCN and marketplace for recommendations of scheduling PFUD

Regards

Colleen

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

before starting as role administrator, its advisable to read the documentation at least of the basis functions of role administration.

thread locked as documented already multiple times