cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update completion deadline of a suspended task on runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using an expression to define Completion Deadline on tasks. Within this expression it is referring to one of the UIRequest context attribute and it will be mapping data to this UIRequest context attribute from one of data context attributes in process flow.

On runtime due to some reason, data context attribute passed null to the UIRequest context attribute. Because of this, task got suspended and whole process flow got stuck since it is not possible to edit context data of the task.

Kindly let me know is there any way to directly update the deadline of a task in administrator portal or any other place to avoid this kind of a situation?

Thanks & Regards

Ashwin Careem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe you can try this

overwrite that attribute at activity level.

define the expression for completion deadline at activity level, which allows you to refer to the context object.

next time if it goes wrong again, i think you can change the DO object, but not sure if the expression will be re-excuted, you can have a try.

anyway you can add IF clause to do some check

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any way to update the completion deadline of the task. But you can probably edit the process context in NWA.

Alternatively, you can try to assign the task to some other user in the UME.

But coming to the point, why don't you check what's wrong with the UI? Why is the value being passed is null? Correcting the code in the UI is much better than manually performing admin operations on individual tasks and processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant, Thanks for your reply!

I have tried editing process context and resume the process. But it did not update the task context data. Also it is not possible to nominate another user while the task is in suspended state.

I have made necessary code changes to avoid this kind of a situation. Since the task got suspended and stuck the process flow, it is not appearing work item in user's worklist. I have to find a way to recover the process flow without loosing context data.

Please let me know if there is a way to resume the suspended task after rectifying the task deadline.

Thanks & Regards

Ashwin Careem.