cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per-Diem M&IE: Deductions are different for Regions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement that the per-diems are calculated including the deductions for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.

The deductions would be calculated if the same is included in the package of hotel/seminars/training.

The issue is that, for different regions in the US, the per-diems are different and so are the amounts for deduction.

For Ex:

Per-Diem for M&IE for Charlotte is 51 and Raleigh is 66

The Breakup is as below

BreakfastLunchDinnerIETotal
$8 $12 $26 $5 $51
$11 $16 $34 $5 $66

When I configure deductions, I need to select the deduction expense type and I have the options Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and I am able to maintain only one rate (from the table above) in there.

Currently based on the above I am able to maintain only 1 amount in the system for deduction.

Is there anyway that I can configure the system to include the region to decide on the deduction rate based of the region.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva, Hi Lukas,

Shiva this is a legal requirement so you shouldnt use User Exit or BAdIs... Well it is as your own risks but I dont recommend it

It is delivered in standard by SAP but as it is very country specific you will need to use a country version of travel expense accounting. it is an add on to be compliant with US specificities...

Please read the following link :

http://help.sap.com/erp_fao_addon10/helpdata/en/4d/59fb3f0afd3ba4e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mathieu

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mathieu! Learned something new again (CONUS/OCUNUS)

P.S. aHA! There also is a BADI REDUCT_TRIP_AMOUNT for evil developers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mathieu,

I looked into the link, but could not find anything related to the deductions.

Could you let me know how this would be handled.

Thanks,

Shiva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

that's an excellent question actually. For per diems you do have the possibility to distinguish between regions, but, as far as I know, *EDIT* this possibility does not exist in the IMG for deductions refer Mathieu's post. If I was in your shoes, I would probably either use RPREX000 with User Exit Forms EXB706A and EXA706A and a combination of dummy entries in T706A or use SMOD Enhancement FITR0003 to freely program your requirements.

Although these approaches will work, you might want to wait for an answer from Klaus, Mathieu, etc. Maybe they know some magical way which I'm not aware of to achieve this purely with configuration

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt