cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can not change the fiscal year in the fixed asset add on

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

i have a big problém with fixed asset application add on when i try close the fiscal year this message in attachement appar:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Joselito
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The system messages for year change failures are always generic, do not give reason:

The only way to have a hint of what could be going wrong is by checking the log file generated by the add-on fixed assets just when error comes up:  SAP Note 1523686 explains how to get log files for Add-ons in general .

On possible cause, if error just comes up right after pressing button , is that  there is some inconsistency/discrepancies between posting period definition in SAP Business One , table OACP, and its mirror table for fixed assets  [@BA_OFPR].

Discrepancies us such may happen if user is not careful when doing definition or updates of posting periods in SAP Business One,

The add-on is designed to define all the structure of fiscal year for calculations, if you start it or if it happens to be running when you create a new fiscal year in SAP Business One, and looking only at the definition in table OACP.

If user, later on, edits the posting periods definitions , which is stored in table OFPR, of the fiscal year just created by removing sub-periods, or changing the posting dates to and from, nothing of these changes, done in table OFPR, will be updated either in table OACP, or in the add-on structure that holds planned values for the fiscal year [@BA_OFPR],[@BA_ODPV],[@BA_ODPVN], [@BA_OAMD2] etc

If you find something illogical there, the correction must be checked by SAP Support, and eventually fixed by SQL query updates.

Main notes to have in mind to understand logic of add-on can be found in SAP Note 1418933 and 1153179

Other causes, could be that some data that was recorded for one particular fiscal year,: To name, asset class, or depreciation type, or area . If ,for any reason,  do not longer exist: note, for example that this can happen if user accidentally removes an item master data, that was created by the add-on to hold one asset class

In summary,  I do recommend to create an incident and provide the log file

Jose Antonio

former_member205766
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
agustin_marcoscividanes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

did you close the fiscal period before doing this task?

Kind regards

Agustín Marcos Cividanes