cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizational data determination with the user parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

probably a very simple query regarding organizational data determination.

We would like to use the user parameters instead of the organizational model for the organizational data determination. That means every user has in his user parameters (transaction code su01) one org unit + distribution channel + division + sales group +sales office listed which should be taken. We have also tried to find a standard determinaton rule but there is no one.

The question is: Is this possible at all? If yes, how?

Many Thanks,

Sascha Gieraths

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a very very very bad idea , You can do it via BTE (there's a lot of information in SCN about this topic) also you can look for a suitable BADI (right know I don't  remember if there's a BADI to do that)

Cheers!

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

thanks, i will check the possibilty with BTE.

But is it not possible via a new determination rule or isn't it just recommendable?

The reason for it is, we are already using the user parameters in our ERP with a one to one realtion between user and a sales organisation, that we could copy. Furthermore we do not want to have a pop up with all sales areas when we create, for example, a new task in the web ui. Every user can change the organization data by himself if it's necessary.

Best regards,

Sascha

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recommendable, Imagine you launch a Job with a Job user, and guess what, you forgot to maintain the information, for this kind of process I would rather do a custom table, at least you have a central point to maintain all the "process".

I forgot, you can also create your own determination rules

Organizational Management in SAP CRM - SAP Library

Why don't you link the user to the position directly?