cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format currency values in UWL inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I would like to format values in the UWL as a currency value, but am not able to figure out how to get it as I like.

Values with decimals are not presented very neatly, trailing zeros are left out. A value of 29.55 is presented as 29.55, which is correct, but 29.50 as 29.5 and 29.00 even as 29, which is not the way how it should be.

In the UWL definition, the value is configured like:

<DisplayAttribute name="Amount" referenceBundle="cclcl.fico.attr.Amount" type="double" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="RIGHT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"/>

I tried “type=double” , “type=string”, “type=int”. The int is not working at all because decimals don’t fit in an int. Double and String give the same results.

I would expect some format option, but formatting is only valid for date/time values, as i read in the documentation.

The container, used in the workflow task, is referring to structure RSEG and Field WRBTR, the initial value is “0,00”. Field WRBTR is of type CURR (13 positions, 2 decimals).

We are running on NW 7.31, for which the UWL documentation can be found at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4a/fc19b513c90a93e10000000a421937/content.htm?frame....

Anyone who can help me out on this one?

Best regards,

Edward

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edward

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Regarding the observation and the scenario that you have described you mentioned the following:

You would like to format values in the UWL as a currency value.Values with decimals are not presented very neatly, trailing zeros are left out. A value of 29.55 is presented as 29.55, which is correct, but 29.50 as 29.5 and 29.00 even as 29, which is not the way how it should be.

In the UWL definition, the value is configured like:

<DisplayAttribute name="Amount" referenceBundle="cclcl.fico.attr.Amount" type="double" sortable="yes" format="default" hAlign="RIGHT" vAlign="BASELINE" maxTextWidth="0" headerVisible="yes"/>

If so, when you select the context menu and select personalize view, select your column.  Is there an option to change anything there?

I believe SU3 can be used to analyze and control decimal notation.  This information as far as I know will not be maintained in the xml file.We rely on FM's to pull back this data.

** Reference Documentation **

- SAP Note:  327018 - Workflow formatting output total costs.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

thank you for the quick reply and clear information.

I did some testing. With SU3 you can change the format of doubles indeed. Good suggestion! Independently from the user's language I can change the format. However, not from within the back-end server (ECC/SRM), but from the ABAP UME. We are using an ABAP client as a datasource for users.

Additionally I discovered the format of a date is changed by changing the users language, eg from Dutch to English. SU3 settings does not affect this format.

Note 327018 however looks like a good solution for my question. I'll take this back to our Workflow developer to use this solution. I'll be back on this topic if we get some results (may take some time).

Best regards,

Edward

Answers (0)