Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation in SAP PLM 7.02

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have created Product structure  in SAP PLM 7.02.

For explosion of this structure, I need to create simulation.

I am not aware how to create explosion levels for this simulation.

For Ex : I need to create simulation that will take care of explosion upto level 2 only.

Thanks & Regards

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no explosion levels for simulations. In simulations, you explode the PSM according to options selected for variant configuration, that impact any level of the structure where those options are modeled as object dependencies.

The product structure itself can be looked at in its entirety in the tree on the left.You can expand and collapse the tree, and pick to expand 1, 2, 3, or all levels. All under button "Levels".

Ulf.

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ulf

Thanks for the reply.

Still I am not clear abou this.

In Simulation. we define KMAT material in the entry point and then create configurations.

All the characteritics which are assigned to this KMAT material through configuration profile are

displayed and and we assign the characterics values. So how  will this help in explosion .

Thanks & Regards
Satish

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so seems you are valuating your KMAT characteristics, great, which is hopefully assigned as a product variant to the product family.

Your configurable product item variants are assigned to product items on lower levels.

Within the simulation screen, you also have entered the configurable material as entry point, with usage defined as well. See attached example.

Now, click "Activate Simulation".

Once you have opened up all levels of your product structure, you will only see all the product item variants that have been chosen through the configuration options and config profile. See attached.

Ulf.

former_member223190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf

Thanks a lot  for sharing your knowledge.

Yes, it is assigned to the variant. I have checked as per your reply, and it is working fine.

Now it clarifes how Variant Configuration data  is used for simulation.

But still if we are not using Vareint configuration data, then what is the use of creation of simulation ? I am asking this because explosion levels are not taken care by simulation without Variant Configuration. My understanding of using simulation would be only when I am using Variant Configuration.

Cheer's

Satish

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

glad I could help. Simulations can also be used for the use cases you just asked a separate question - date and parameter effectivity. So exploding the product structure with a specific change number that carries a valid from date or a parameter that drives the selection of the historic/future items within the product structure.

Regards, Ulf.

Answers (0)