Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expressions with result tables

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I am building a rule framework for a business partner function finding for the ChaRM in the SAP Solution Manager (Kernel 720).

We are a heterogeneous little enterprise company, so every company branch has its own rules for partner finding. Ergo we need to modularize the partner determination.

Now in my ingenuity I thought to create one function as an entry point which returns a table of business partner functions and their found values ("FOUND_PARTNER_TABLE", structure: Partner Function Type, partner number).

So long so well. The first rule set succeeded in determining the enterprise branch (in PFT "SOLD_TO") and inserting the row into the result table.

Now I am trying to create a second rule set for the jump into the branch functions.

I try to create a rule with:

case expression "branch" (returning "FOUND_PARTNER_TABLE").

when "SOLD_TO"

equals "1234" then change found_partner_table[_tmp] after processing expression "determine_branch_usa" (function call returning table too).

equals "2345" then ... "determine_branch_emea"

and so on.

But I don't succeed to set a table data object as a returning result type for the case expression. I also tried to create a ruleset variable "found_partner_table_tmp" but without success.

When I am in the editor of the Case "branch" and press the button "Context Overview" I can see my table data object in the allowed list:

but when I try to set the result data object, the tables are not selectable:

Now I am scratching my head. Are the tables allowed context objects or are they not?

Am I missing something? Or is it a bug and I should open an incident?

Thanks for hints!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not all expressions do support all result types. A Case expression probably only can have an elementary result.

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it seems to be so. Now I am using an "if elseif" construction and so I can choose table type results.

If you plan a second edition of your really readable book (I am a fan, love every chapter), you might add some hints to such restrictions.

As we touch your book, here a second little gap.

One thing I spent time upon was the technique on how to add rows to a table object. At first I didn't find any menu entry for this. Then I discovered examples with "insert value" and scratched my head about how to set it. But it was useful, because so i knew that it was somehow possible also in my release. But how?

Then finally I found the solution: At first you create a "change value" and then and only then creation you will be able - in some sort of alchemy - to modify the "change value" into an "insert value" 🙂

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In which release and SP version did you exprience this (insert)? Can you share screenshots?

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, for you probably the Pleistocene, but on SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 we are bound to Basis 702 SP15.

Here the flip-flop:

• At creation

• After switching to insert:

Answers (0)