cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Inspection Lot) Dynamic Modification Rule for Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm actually working on inspection lot for production Order (inprocess). I'm only interessed by the computation of the dynamic sample size for the production order: For example If the material is controlled 5 times without problem, he goes to reduced inspection ... .

Thanks to your forum and tutorial like this one , i have already understand lot of things. Howerver, i found nothing for a sample procedure with dynamic modification rule.

To rich my goal i have to :

-MM02: quality management , assign inspection type Y03

-QS21 : create a Master Inspection Characteristic (in my case a qualitative: Accepted/rejected)

-QDV: Create a sampling procedure. As i want my sampling procedure to be dynamic , i have to link it with a sampling scheme (QDP1) and a dynamic modification rule (QDR1).

-CA02: modify the routin of the material. modify control key of operation "inspection" to YP04 and assign my MIC and my sampling procedure to this operation.

-coois: release my production order. Insp. lot create automaticly.

-QA32: Save the result in usage decision. ( i dont want to create Quality Notification even if there is a non conformity), so i record nothing in "Results".

My question is very simple : Will it work ?

Is it possible to have dynamic rule for production order? Do i need a inspection plan ?

Thank you very much to help me for my first topic on this forum

I will be very happy to share a tutorial when ill do it concretely.

Marwan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you both for your answer and the link.

1) Here is the inspection type Y03, i think  it's the same as 03 ?

MODERATOR NOTE:  Image deleted at request of poster.

2) Here is Ctrl Key YP04, Insp. char required is cheked so i guess it's ok.

3) Yes im inspecting the product during its manufacturing stage. For example, in CA01, i have:

Drilling - Inspection - Deburring - Inspection - Cleaning.

I need clarification for the following point:
- When choosing inspection type Y03, as we can see on the screen shot, we can enter a DMR and sampling procedure: We do not have to enter anything there ?

-In QA32, would it be possible to enter only the Usage Decision ? Even if the lot is rejected, i just want to enter the decision, without creating a Quality Notificaiton.

-For DMR in production, to modify the quality level , the system will only filter on the last usage decision for the same material ? While, for Good receipt, the system will filter on the usage decision for same Material AND vendor ?

Thank you for your help,

Have a good day,

Marwan

Message was edited by: Craig S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marwan,

- The DMR field in the Inspection Type Setup of the material is used only when we do not have any task list (Inspection Plan, Routing etc.) assigned to the Material. So, we do not have to enter DMR here.

- Quality Notification will be created when you record the defects. If you just make a Rejection UD, notification will not be created.

-There are 2 options for setting up DMR:

a. At UD level. In this case the Quality Level changes only after the UD.

b. At Inspection Lot level. In this case the Quality Level changes immediately after Lot creation.

So, for your 3rd query answer would be yes if the DMR is at UD level.

Best Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, Hi all,

With the test on SAP, I have really progress a lot on the understanding of the system.
: I manage to create a inspection lot with a dynamic sample size when i realease a production order.

However, i have a question in the routine of the material, CA02:

- I select my opération "Mechanical Inspection", i assign a Ctrl Key with insp. charact. checked and then click on "Inspection characteristic". Here come the problem: I can assign a MIC, a sampling procedure , but NOT my Dynamic Modification Rule !

But, Good News, i found the solution: In the header of my routine, i have to assign a DMR as follow:

Where Y15 is a random DMR i selected. Then i can assign my DMR in the "inspection characteristic" of my operation.

Can anybody explain me why i have to do this to assign my DMR? And, for what Y15 will be used ?

Thank you very much for you explanation,

Marwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marwan,

Please check again. You should be able to assign the DMR directly in the MICs. There will be a column for 'Modification Rule'.

Y15 is a DMR created in your system. Check the rule in QDR2 or QDR3.

Best Regards,

Rahul

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DMR can be done at two levels, at the lot level and at the characteristic level.

In the inspection plan or recipe header you make that selection as you have found.

At the lot level, DMR applies to all the characteristics.  I.e. if you go to tightened inspection, than all characteristics take their sampling quantities from the tightened level of their respective sampling procedures/sampling schemes.

If you have it set at the characteristic level, each characteristic can have it's own DMR and each characteristic moves independently of the other characteristics through the DMR progression.  This can result in some out-of-sync results.  I.e. one characteristic can be on tightened inspection, while another is in reduced testing and another might be in a skip stage.  You can alleviate this a bit by grouping related characteristics together under a single controlling characteristic that controls the DMR of all the characteristics setup as dependant upon the controlling characteristic.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your answer.

Rahul, You were right, I can assign the DMR directly in the inspection characteristic. In the header i have to select dynamic modification at char. level but i can let the modification rule empty.

Craig, i understand your explanation. But there is something that trouble my mind: I know that the DMR is updated at the Usade Decision in QA32.

Supposed that i have 2 characteristics with different DMR, intially both at normal stage and both go in thightened/reduced after one OK/NOK. If both characteristics are updated at UD ( and i have only one UD for the inspection lot ), how can the characteristics can move in different stage ?!? I.e if the UD is Rejected, both will go in tightened. How can one can go in reduced and the other in tightened ?

My assumption is that the DMR is updated when entering the Result in  QA32 and not at the UD ?!

Thany you for you enlightenment !

Marwan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The quality level is updated at time of UD or at time of lot creation.  The valuation that is used is different.  When the quality level is updated when doing DMR at the characteristic level, it uses the valuation of the characteristic.  At the lot level it uses the valuation of the lot from the UD.

Qualtiy level updating is a timing issue - i.e. WHEN is the level updated.  (Defined in the DMR)

DMR level is what valuation is used to update the quality level.. characteristic valuation or lot valuation. (Defined by the inspection plan)

Craig

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marwan,

There is a document that explain a little about this process:

There is nothing saying about DMR but you can use this in production orders.

If you are not inspecting the product during its manufacturing stages, there is a good workaround in this thread, please take a look at it:

BR,

Natália

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marwan,

Please clarify following points:

1) I am assuming Inspection type Y03 was created by copying Inspection Type 03. If yes, what are the differences.

2) Does control key YP04 support Inspections?

As far as last 2 questions are concerned,

2) Yes, it is possible to have dynamic modification rule in production order.

3) No, you do not need Inspection Plan for In-process inspection.

Best Regards,

Rahul