cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Data in BPC using SAP HANA with 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I I have a customer question with regards to real time data replication from ecc to bw on hana to bopc 10.1

I know to get data from ECC to HANA we have SLT etc tools for real time replication. Now the question I have is how to enable Real time replication

from BW on HANA to BOPC ?

1)

Does BOPC have any capability to handle this? If so can you please provide any document or a How to do guide etc.

2)

Is there a concept like ODQ (Operational Data Queue) ODP framework like thing for BOPC so that the data transfer can be removed all together.

A lot of things can happen on virtual data models in BOPC. Any comments please.

Kind Regards

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

for BPC standard you should ask the question in the BPC forum:

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/planning-and-consolidation-for-netweaver

For BPC embedded having the data in BW you don't need to replicate the data again since there you can directly access all BW InfoProviders.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

thanks for coming back. I do not know how to move this query to a different section.

Yes, in BPC embedded, we have all data in BW, but still to get data into BOPC in reports etc, in current world our BOPC team does data loads from BW infocubes to BOPC (technically they go and sit in BOPC generated Realtime info cubes). This are scheduled and not sure if we can do a real time replication in BOPC.

If realtime replication possible between BW info providers to BOPC info providers, then we can call BOPC on HANA a realtime system. (not sure if I am missing some bits here).

Kind Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

one feature of BPC embedded is that you don't have to copy the data again into a new data model as this is necessary in BPC standard. If you just want to have reports using the EPM Add-In you just do it via BPC embedded as well.

Using BW features to report directly on HANA views you can even avoid to replicate data into BW.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor for the info.

I have a BOPC model namely Profit --> this generates a realtime infocube /CPMB/xxxxx Main model replica.

step1

Backend is ECC so we have standard cubes like 0PCA_C01 to pull Profit center Transaction data

Say this is BOPC on BW on HANA scenari we have 0PCA_C01 (HANA optimized)

step2

Now to do calculations etc, we need to pull data from 0PCA_C01 into BOPC (/CPMB/xxxxx using data manager package) and Business users use that data for various calculations (inflation rate application or say Plan year budget calculations etc.) and store in /CPMB/xxxxx

I understand that if we want to report on BOPC data we can directly report on /CPMB/xxxxx info provider

Question:

Do we have real time data replication between BW to BOPC i.e. 0PCA_C01 to /CPMB/xxxxx

for now this is a scheduled run so for end user it is like data in ecc --> bw --> bpc

hope I am clear.

Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

yes, I understand. As far as I know you have to schedule the copy from the BW cube to the BW cube in the /CPMB/ namespace via BPC data manager. But you should ask this question in the BPC forum mentioned above since this is a BPC related question, not a BW releated question.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor for your reply. I do not know how to move a question from one area to another. If you are aware of it, please let me know.

In HANA on BOPC scenario, we have HANABPC component along with CPMB component. Not sure how the processing changes with that.

Kind Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

create a new posting in the BPC forum.

HANABPC is just a technical component needed for BPC on HANA. /CPMB/ is the namespace used in BPC for BW objects generated by BPC.

Regards,

Gregor