Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT: display inferred type of DATA(foo) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm playing around alot with the new type-inferred DATA-declarations like

DATA(svc_mng) = /bobf/cl_tra_serv_mgr_factory=>get_service_manager( zif_xxx_c=>sc_bo_key ).

Is there any way in the ADT to actually see the inferred type via hovering over the variable or pressing any shortcut?

The quick type hierarchy does not seem to be available

My current workaround is to use CTRL+Space to force auto-complete display me the type, so at least that type information is directly available in the ADT... could you please show the types everywhere when hovering over variables?

Possibly in the status-bar or something, that would be truly great.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

schneidermic0
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Did you try to use code element info (F2) for the method call? It shows the same information as in code completion.

Michael

6 REPLIES 6

schneidermic0
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Did you try to use code element info (F2) for the method call? It shows the same information as in code completion.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks, that is working fine.

Could you think about displaying this information constantly in the statusbar or when hovering over the element in a small unobtrusive (but text-selectable-and-copyable) fashion?

0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

You could see this information also in a view. Just click on the button Show in ABAP Element Info View in the popup:

If you enable the button Link with Selection the element info will update whenever you select another element.

Michael

0 Kudos

very nice, thanks alot!

If one could undock this view and make it minimalistically floating, that would be great.

0 Kudos

I am not sure whether I understood your question

All views in Eclipse can be undocked by dragging them outside Eclipse's window. I have just learned they will be shown in front of Eclipse's window.

In the particular case of the element info, I would prefer just to move to another place the view and reduce its size. E.g., ABAP Element Info view at the top of the editor:

0 Kudos

That's what I am currently using, it's just that a constant designated area in the Statusbar or somewhere else would be more lightweight & integrated nicety.