cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP POS DM vs. DSiM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

I actually looking for information of SAP POS DM and came over the solution DSiM now. Due to the fact I implemented already SAP BW on HANA sucessfully i understand that HANA is also the elementary basis for the DSiM solution and one of the selling points in conjunction with big data.

But the are questions raised now due to the fact there might be three possible solutions that aims to POS data:

• SAP POS DM with SAP BW
  • SAP POS DM with SAP CAR
  • DSiM

Not to further go to detail with top 2 points but a position paper from SAP or solution compare of SAP POS DM with DSiM would be quite nice.

Are there any information that compare this solutions or position that two tools with a clear individual goalset.

I think this question would be quite interesting for the SAP Retailers out there..

Best regards

Matthias Link

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anna_linden
Active Participant

Hello Matthias,

you are correct... DSIM is also a BW on HANA solution. The key differentiator between SAP POS DM and SAP Demand Signal Management is the data and the focus of the solutions.

DSiM is usually used by Manufacturers (e.g. Consumer Products Manufacturers) who would normally get POS data from their Retailers in an aggregated format (aggregated on daily or weekly basis per Product and Location). So the POS data that we are talking about in this terms is external to the company that owns the DSiM system. And because it is external, the master data keys like Product IDs, etc will not match. In order to still be able to do cross reporting based on the data from various Retailers with multiple master data sets, a harmonization engine is needed that DSiM provides as a core functionality. Furthermore, DSiM can work also load, harmonize and visualize Market Reserach Data (Retail Panel Data).

SAP POS DM on the other hand is usually used by the Retailer itself. So the POS data that we are talking about here is usually their own data from their own stores (also called TLOG data) plus sales orders, inventory, etc and is in most cases "real time" (while the POS data that DSiM uses has usually a delay of 1 day to 1 week). TLOG data is usually provided on the most granular level and not being aggregated. And the master data matches already, so no harmonization is required.

I hope this helps to get an idea about the different focus of the solutions.

Best Regards,
Anna Linden