cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Database Logon Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Developed reports in Crystal Reports XI R2 connecting to Sybase. Just upgraded to Crystal Reports 14 and Sybase 15 with new Client.

Reports are developed to connect to the database using OLEDB. When I open the report it's not finding the Sybase OLEDB provider.

When I try to just use these reports in ASP.NET application I get an error message "Database Logon Failed".

I do not see the Sybase driver for Crystal Reports any more.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off, you need to make sure that you have the 32-bit Sybase driver installed - even if you're running on a 64-bit OS.  Crystal is 32-bit software and it can't "see" 64-bit data drivers.

Then in the Database Expert in Crystal you'll need to select the "OLE DB (ADO)" connection type which will bring up the list of 32-bit OLEDB drivers that have been installed on the computer.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying everything on a 32-Bit Windows 7 workstation.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the OLE DB driver for Sybase installed?  When you go to create a new OLE DB connection in Crystal, it will bring up Microsoft's list of which 32-bit OLD DB drivers are installed.  If Sybase isn't in the list, then you'll need to install the Sybase client that contains the OLE DB driver.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have crated the Sybase OLEDB Connection with the same name the report uses. I am using this OLEDB Connection in other VB6 applications without any issues.

But Crystal is not recognizing this Sybase OLEDB Connection.

When I try to create a new OLEDB Connection from Crystal selecting the Sybase it's giving an error Database Login failed. No database server name specified.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of how you've configured the connection in Crystal?

We may have to get , , or to take a look at this.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sybase OLE DB DSN

While trying to create connection from Crystal get an error. Given below screen shots

I have also set the properties Server Name, Port Number etc. But no luck.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When ever you get an error from CR like "Database Vendor Code 30136", see if you can find it in your database documentation or google the error. The error is coming from the db client completely unmodified by the Crystal Reports engine. When I google the error, I got the following:

Another SQL Blog - Jason Yousef: SSIS to Sybase OLEDB connection error [IM002]. [Native Code: 30136]

Google comes up with other results that may be worth looking into and of course consulting your db documentation is not a bad idea either.

One more thing: Crystal Reports 14 is not quite enough info as it is important for me to know if you are using Crystal Reports 2011 (v. 14.0.x) or Crystal Reports 2013 (v. 14.1.x). There are different patches for these and it will also be a good idea to get the latest patch.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to open these reports in Crystal Reports 2013.

It's a 32-bit machine and Sybase is also 32-bit.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Service Pack? Please in the CR designer, go to the Help Menu, select About..., let me know what version is reported there.

- Ludek

Answers (0)