cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Current Month as a default in Dashboard 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've developed our Dashboard on BEx Queries. In most of the screen, users had Calender month in selection screen (e.g. they can select from Jan -Mar ..etc).....Users want current month as a default ..

We can change this manually but how can I set this automatically so every month or week , it should pick correct week (if it's week or month).. Please share knowledge if someone achieve this type of requirement..

Thanks,

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to write a formula in excel level and you need to pass it through the combo box or query prompt selector. If not you can use the calender component to take the current date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I am passing date variable which is coming as mandatory prompt from the Bex side. I have created the dashboard on 14 of this month. In the Bex side they have used Sys date as mandatory variable , but in the dashboard it is not coming with the Sys date it shows the data for the 14 of this month. what should be done so that the current date comes up when the dashboard is opened.

Thanks,

krishna

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Hari,

I think while designing the dashboard, to proceed next you might have taken the date of 14 November so its still pointing the same value. If you are using query prompt selector or combo box take the formula from the excel =today() and pass the values as a current date to the prompts.

Hope this help!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suman,

Yes, you are right to proceed next I have taken 14 November , since it was the current date which was coming from the Bex. I am using query prompt selector and I am getting the variable directly from Bex. How to pass the value to query prompt selector? could you please show me through some screenshots.

Thanks,

Krishna

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use the insert selected item.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Please can you send some screenshots.

We've Calender year/Month used as a Interval...

e.g. We set up from 01.2014 - 11.2014

Next month it should change from 01.2014- 12.2014

How this is possible.

In same way, we have Calender week in Selection screen (Interval)..

this should also change to current week..

Please send screen shots how it can be achieved.. A

Thanks,

Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the reply but still I am getting the same date November 14 when I open the report. when I bind to the cell which is having today() formula an error comes as the formula cell cannot be binded.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its not a error its a warning, you can proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

suman,

But still I am getting the same date November 14, is there anything to be done in the Bex side. I used a combo box and in the labels I bind it to the calendar date in the query I could only see 14 of November only. But in the Bex when they open the report they get sys date. In C mode code has been written to get sys date is there any care we have to take(for BO) so that we get sys date automatically when the prompts filter screen pops up.

Thanks,

Krishna

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below points:

1. check whether you have set any options of default values in prompt property.

2. check the trigger to cell option whether its set properly.

3. check the date format what it is passing behind the screen.

Please open the new discussion on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman

I have answered this in a new discussion please check this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3655928,

Thanks,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari Krishna,

I've opened this thread to ask my qns. Please open your separate thread, don't put your qns.

Stop asking qns and please let other allow to ans my qns.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pawan,

The question was similar so I continued on this tread, sorry If I have really bothered you. I have already opened another thread.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the attached txt file for the above logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

In attached note pad, I can't see any logic. Please can you send in some other formats.

Thanks

PK

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its a xlf file attached in txt format. unzip the file and open with dashboard designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

This is what I can see after unziped this file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't open any of the file .. I've changed file into XLF.. We're on SAP BO 4.1 SP03 version

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Send me a test mail to my mail id, will forward the source file.