cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard- Bex-BIWS Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have created the dashboard against Bex-->BICS--> BIWS connection. I am passing Business area as a prompt and the security is set on Org Units. When i run the dashboard, i don't get any errors but when the users run the dashboard, they get  "BW System BWP returned state 'USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED'.". When user executes the report underlying the dashboard, he gets the results as the Org Units as automatically populated based on his authorization. It seems that Org units is not populated when passing through BIWS. Can you please let me know what should i modify in BIWS/ Webi ?

Environment:  BW 7.1

BO- 4.1 SP4

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I tried the approach Ingo provided and it worked.

Approach:  Duplicate the Auth variable and remove the input values option. Remove the original Auth variable from the query and it works.

Thanks

Abhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

I am facing the same issue. Auth variables in BW > BIWS > Dashboard.

We have given authorization rights on Sales org in BW.

The Web Intelligence Report refreshes fine with designated rights but when I test the web service created on this report, it gives me this error "BW System QBW returned state 'USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED'. Message = You do not have sufficient authorization".

Same error is shown in Dashboard while refreshing.

Kindly suggest a way forward.

Regards//

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surbhi,

• First check what your Auth variable is?
  • Then check if the input values option in the properties are checked?
  • Duplicate the Auth variable and remove the checked input values
  • Use he duplicated Auth variable in your queries for the dashboard.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Abhi. The Web service and Dashboard are running fine now.

Also, I am facing another problem with Authorization Variables. The Dashboard is build of number of queries. Each query is having the Authorization access.

When I log in from my id eg User1(Sales org - North Zone) , the dashboard refreshes fine with the designated rights and gives no error but after that when another User2(Sales org - South Zone) , then the dashboard  gives the error "Request Processing failed  (XLS 000009) System QBW: incorrect values "HHNZ ; HHNZ" for data source variable "ZSALESORG_AUTH""

where ZSALESORG_AUTH is the auth variable on Sales Org (Zone).

This error comes when either user's rights are changed or when some other user having different rights run the Dashboard.

Kindly suggest the way foward.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the below thread which has the similar discussion, hope it helps for you too.