cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sourcing/CLM: How to replace the standard collaborator role name 'Owner'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have been requested to replace the standard collaborator role name 'Owner'.

By default, the collaborator role 'Owner' is not editable so I was not able to replace the name:

I tried to override the value of below localized resources without success:

cterms$cterm.owner

doc$doc.collaborator_role.internal_type_enum.odp_owner

eso.doccommon$documentowner.value.owner   

I tried also with below page customization entry without success:

Does anyone know how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Laura,

The name for the Collaborator Roles is not a localized resource.  You could probably create a new Collaborator Role (with the Security Profile of "Document Owner") with whatever name  you want to use.  Typically the Owner role has some permissions associated with it that are unique for that role and you want to be sure that the role (regardless of the name) has the appropriate permissions.

However, I'm wondering why you want to change this as the name "Owner" shows up in other places in the system such as in various query results, etc., so I can see where changing this name might cause some confusion.  It might be useful to point this out to the folks that are asking for the change before making such a change.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Rosemary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary,
Thanks for the help.
Before writing the post, I already thought about creating a custom collaborator role with the security profile of 'Document Owner' but this doesn't mean that the standard role will not appear in the documents. This means that the standard ‘Owner’ will appear as the real owner of the document and the custom ‘Owner’ could be added as an additional collaborator with the same permissions that the Owner has.
If I create a custom collaborator role with the security profile of ‘Document owner’ I will have to inactivate the standard one. The inactivation cannot be done directly in the system because the role isn’t editable but you are able to inactivate through workbook. However, some expert colleagues recommended me not to do that because as you said, the Owner is not just a ‘simple’ localized resource or a ‘simple’ collaborator role, it is more than that, it is a complete object that have a lot of implications behind.
Cheers,
Laura

Answers (0)